Question about ex-spouse's birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
monteforteirpino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Nov 2019, 16:20

Question about ex-spouse's birth certificate

Post by monteforteirpino »

Hi All,

I am preparing my documents for my Italian citizenship request. I am currently married but was previously married and divorced before this. My previous spouse was a naturalized US citizen at the time of our married, but was born in the USSR. I do not think it will be able to get a copy of that birth certificate. Will I need this? From what I have read online it can go either way, and usually you are not asked for it. I will be applying at the Detroit consulate. I am also looking into applying in Italy as I will be there at the end of next summer (2020).

Thanks!
Post Reply