Greetings (forgiving me--I do not speak or read Italian):
I am looking for any leads that I have not yet considered in tracking down records from Pradielis or Lusevera (Friuli) before 1900. Considering that the earthquake in the 70's is known to have destroyed parish records, how could I find out if what did survive might be of use in tracking my family history? My GGF was born in Pradielis before moving first to present day Slovenia then to the USA. Some questions:
1) I have found a state archive record that matches my GGF (place of birth, parents names both agree, and surname name albeit spelled differently) but the birth date is off by one day later than what he reported. Is this common and is this enough for me to be certain that the record represents him? The town was small and so I would think the chance of it being someone else must be very small even though there were apparently many families with the same last name. (I attached an image of part of the record--a margin note seems to indicate a marriage of his father and mother one year later).
2) The record indicates a house number. Would anyone know how I could locate a map from the time period? Is it reasonable to assume that any other birth records with the same house number and names must be siblings of his? (We know nothing of his family nor where his mother or father died).
3) Are there records or images of any cemeteries in this location?
4) Would anyone know if there is an effort to digitize any of the surviving parish records for this area? I reached out to a gentleman that lived in a nearby town (he created a marvelous website describing the Torre valley area) but he seemed to not know of the extent of the damage.
Any help would be appreciated and thank you for your time.
Kind regards,
Mike
Researching surname Culetto in Lusevera area
-
mikoleto@gmail.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Nov 2019, 21:24
Researching surname Culetto in Lusevera area
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Researching surname Culetto in Lusevera area
Have you already tried antenati.san.beniculturali.it ?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Researching surname Culetto in Lusevera area
Can you give us more information? The name, the year of birth?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
helgaella99
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Jun 2024, 06:23
Re: Researching surname Culetto in Lusevera area
Your search for family history in Pradielis and Lusevera sounds intriguing! It’s common for records to have slight discrepancies in birth dates.
