Hello everyone!
I am searching for my great grandfather, Pio Pierucci and I am stuck. I would like to find his birth certificate and comune in Italy. If anyone has a hint of where to look next, I am very interested.
Here is what I know about Pio:
Parents: Pietro Pierucci and Nicolina Nofri (according to his marriage certificate in Ohio, USA)
Spouse: Giulia Liguori
Birthdate: July 2, 1877 (the birth year varies between 1875-1879 on different USA documents)
Birthplace: Massa Carrara, Italy
Records I have searched:
Familysearch.org’s Massa birth records from 1873-1883 for Pio. They are missing the entire year of 1879.
Familysearch.org’s Massa death records from 1873-1883 for Nicolina Nofri/Pierucci.
Family records I have a copy of:
USA Naturalization record
Death certificate
Marriage certificate
Children's baptismal certificate
USA Social Security Application (SS-5)
I am hesitant to write to the town officials in Massa because I am not certain that it was in that comune. It seems that Massa Carrara is a province. My extended family insists that Pio never celebrated his birthday because his mother died in childbirth with him. I have not been able to prove or disprove this piece of family lore, which is why I would like to find his birth certificate and reconnect with this branch of my family tree.
Thank you in advance!
Julie
