Hi everyone,
I am stuck in my genealogy and your assistance is needed.
My ancestor, Pio Pierucci, (parents: Pietro Pierucci and Nicolina Nofri) was born between 1875 and 1879 in Massa Carrara. His birth year varies on each document I have--naturalization, marriage certificate, census records, etc. He was consistent about his birthday being July 2 and birthplace as "Massa Carrara". The family memory is that he never celebrated his birthday because his mother died in childbirth with him.
My question is: how can I find out what the comune is? I have been through familysearch's birth records for Massa in the time period of 1873-1883, but Massa births from 1879 is missing from their microfilm. I have been through the death records for Nicolina in this time period as well.
Any suggestions of where to look next are appreciated! Thanks!
How to tell if a record indicates a comune or a province?
-
WhereisPio
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 00:43
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: How to tell if a record indicates a comune or a province?
See related thread:https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/46960
TerraLavoro