Hello, I am looking for help and/or information on my ancestors. I have names & DOB from American documents but am learning this information isnt always accurate.
Filomena De Luise born March 2, 1892 in Casamicciola. She arrived in the US on February 27, 1913 to NY on the Cedric (the last name on the manifest is Deluize). She traveled with Berardino De Luise & Salvatore De Luise. I believe one or both of these men could be her brother(s) but I am unsure. If I read the manifest correctly, her fathers name was Andrea. I am looking for information about her mother and father and any siblings.
Gaetano Tanza (possibly Danza) born March 8, 1894 in Ariana di Puglia. According to the 1930 US Federal Census he arrived to the US in 1912. I have not found any documentation to support this. He died January 10, 1931 after him & my grandfather were in a car accident in NYC, he was around 35 years old. I am looking for information about his parents and any siblings.
Together Filomena & Gaetano had 3 sons. Frank (my Grandfather) April 2, 1917, Andrew April 18, 1918 and Michael February 9, 1924.
After Gaetanos death, FIlomena married Raffaele Monti.
Any help or information would be dearly appreciated. Ive found much more information on my paternal Grandmothers (Frances Farina) side from Settefrati but am at a standstill for the paternal Gradfathers side. Thanks again. Happy New Year everyone!
Help looking for Ancestors
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Birth records are not available online, but this should be their marriage:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24Q6-BRP
I was wrong, records are here:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... no+Irpino/
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24Q6-BRP
I was wrong, records are here:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... no+Irpino/
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Here is the birth record of Gaetano Tanza, born in Ariano at 271, via San Rocco, on Mar 8, 1894:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
He was the son of Francesco Tanza, 30yo, tailor, and Concetta Zizza, housewife.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
He was the son of Francesco Tanza, 30yo, tailor, and Concetta Zizza, housewife.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
This is the marriage of Francesco Paolo Tanza and Concetta Zizza, in Ariano, on Oct 8, 1887:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
The groom was 26yo, a tailor, born and living in Ariano, son of Raffaella Tanza and unknown father
The bride was 20, a greengrocer, born and living in Ariano, daughter of Antonio and Filomena Carbone.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
The groom was 26yo, a tailor, born and living in Ariano, son of Raffaella Tanza and unknown father
The bride was 20, a greengrocer, born and living in Ariano, daughter of Antonio and Filomena Carbone.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Here:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... +Avellino/
you can find more records.
"Stato civile Napoleonico" is abt 1809-1815
"Stato Civile della Restaurazione" is 1816-abt 1865
"Stato Civile Italiano" is abt 1865 on
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... +Avellino/
you can find more records.
"Stato civile Napoleonico" is abt 1809-1815
"Stato Civile della Restaurazione" is 1816-abt 1865
"Stato Civile Italiano" is abt 1865 on
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Thank you so much Pippo!!
You have helped so much but did you come across anything for my GGM? Filomena De Luise from Casamicciola? I recently learned about Antenati but I am not very good at using it yet. I am learning though. I did find that Filomenas parents are Andrea De Luise & Pasqualina Arcamone(a). She also had an older brother Bernardino who was born in 1889 in Ischia according to his US marriage license (He married Filomena Zizza(o). I am at a brick wall with finding any records for Filomena or more importantly her parents Andrea & Pasqualina. Did you find anything on them? If not can you point me in the direction where to looks for records for them?
Thank you again! I greatly appreciate it!
You have helped so much but did you come across anything for my GGM? Filomena De Luise from Casamicciola? I recently learned about Antenati but I am not very good at using it yet. I am learning though. I did find that Filomenas parents are Andrea De Luise & Pasqualina Arcamone(a). She also had an older brother Bernardino who was born in 1889 in Ischia according to his US marriage license (He married Filomena Zizza(o). I am at a brick wall with finding any records for Filomena or more importantly her parents Andrea & Pasqualina. Did you find anything on them? If not can you point me in the direction where to looks for records for them?
Thank you again! I greatly appreciate it!
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Unfortunately, records for Casamicciola are not available on Family Search.
Records before 1865 are available on Antenati site, but it's not known when those after 1865 will.
Records before 1865 are available on Antenati site, but it's not known when those after 1865 will.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
I believe this is my GGFs birth record. Can someone translate it for me, please? I see his name Francesco Paolo Tanza & born in February of 1862. I cant read the writing to interpret anything else. Mother or Father, their ages/ occupations. The exact date of birth. I will take any info I can get. Thank you so much!!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Re: Help looking for Ancestors
Record date: feb 7, 1862
Francesco Paolo Tanza was born on day 6 at 10am, and baptized on day 7 in the church of San Nicola.
Mother was Raffaella Tanza, who had him "naturally", i.e., out of a legal marriage (so, father is unknown).
Francesco Paolo Tanza was born on day 6 at 10am, and baptized on day 7 in the church of San Nicola.
Mother was Raffaella Tanza, who had him "naturally", i.e., out of a legal marriage (so, father is unknown).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

