can you help me???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

non riesco a fare copia/incolla... non me lo copia su questo post.
M al' hai trovato?? dove in fondo c'e' l' annotazione del Colorado?? che ne pensi??
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

pratically... the first travel was in june 1904, final destination Claridge PA; the second in mar 1905 and he declare that was 1 year( only 10 month to max) in colorado, and now, final destination Cann... illegible PA
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

si l'ho trovato, perchè cercavo Arsiero( for birthplace)invece c'è scritto solo Vicenza.. ho scritto sopra.. penso francamente che non si può trovare nulla.. however the link that nuccia nprovided you can be helpful.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

giusto! e x me potrebbe davvero essere lui xchè diceva di essere stato 1 anno in colorado a lavorare in una miniera d'oro... ma forse oltre non si riesce ad andare e scoprire qualcos altro ??
in Colorado dove e in quale miniera?? Io lo so che sto chiedendo cose pazzesche che son passate da un secolo esattamente , ma potrebbe esistere qualcosa che attesta la sua entrata in Colorado, sapere come ci arrivò e se esistono in qualche archivio le liste di coloro che vi lavorarono...

ti ringrazio tanto xchè 6 davvero gentilissima nel tentare di aiutarmi a saperne di più. ma sei negli States ora?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

I think that the ship's manifest of la Touraine June 1905 is not your ancestor:BECAUSE IN THIS SHIP'S MANIFEST HE MUST BE 34 OLD(IN 1904 WAS 33 OLD) AND NOT 31 AS LISTED IN THIS SHIP'S MANIFEST.... AND BECAUSE ARE MANY GIUSEPPE BORGO OF AROUND SAME AGE I THINK THAT THIS IS NOT YOUR ANCESTOR, ALSO BECAUSE THE LAST RESIDENCE IS VICENZA AND NO ARSIERO... i'M IN iTALY OBVIOUSLY, BUT I WRITE IN ENGLISH FOR LET UNDERSTAND ALSO TO ALL... REGARDS, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

BUT ABOUR BITH'S DATE I BELIEVE THAT PERAPHS ITALIAN IMMIGRANTS AND USA OFFICERS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND. PERAPHS SOMETIMES THEY WRITED VICENZA PROVINCE , NOT ARSIERO THAT IS A LITLLE VILLAGE IN SAME PROVINCE...

BUT ABOUT HIS COLORADO ENTRY?? OR MINE LIST??
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

in your opinion Is't possible to find something other about his life or work in Colorado or in Pennsylvia where I believe he lived there also.
thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

kepi. the birthyear on ship's manifest is always right, because the age are wrote from passport.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

from resources that are on line is impossible to find something about a person working for 1 year in Colorado abt 100 years ago.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

mi dispiace tantissimo non riuscire a trovare proprio nulla... è un vero peccato perchè tentare di sapere qualcosa in più mi avrebbe fatto tanto piacere.
cmq grazie suanj lo stesso...
ciao
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

Is this the 1010 census for John Borgo in Colorado born abt 1872?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/534/imagex0td.gif

Please let me know if this helps! :D :D
Nuccia :D
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

HIS NAME WAS GIUSEPPE OR JOSEPH EN ENGLISH, O PERAPHS IT WAS A MISTAKE
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

Could this be his brother then? The birth year is similar though...was your aunts name Mary?

There are others with the surname Borgo in Las Animas from the same village...nephews maybe.

Try the link from the immigrants from Trentino the people from Colorado forum gave you...maybe his in it.

I need to get ready for work but I will link the other Borgo information that I found if you like so you can try to piece together something.

The mine in Las Animas that my great grandfather worked in was Iron Fuel and Coal Company I believe. I'll check later to make sure.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

More relatives or clues maybe?

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/205/imagex3tk.gif

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/857/imagex8eh.gif

and this is Joe and Mary Borgo in Pennsylvania 1920 census where he also worked in the mines.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3769/imagex4cz.gif

and another Joseph Borgo same birth year but different wife...

Pennsylvania 1910 Miracode Index Recordinfo
about Joseph Borgo
Name: Joseph Borgo
Birthplace: Italy
State: PA
Age: 38
Color: W
Enumeration District: 0182
Visit: 0140
County: Westmoreland
Relation: Head of Household
Other Residents:
Relation Name Age Birth Place
Wife Catherine 27 Italy
Son Frank 06 Italy
Daughter Mary 04 Italy

Hope there are some clues here for you. Let us know if any of this helps.

Nuccia
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

my great grand father was married in Italy, but he went to USA alone for some years.
he had two brothers ABRAMO ang GIOVANNI BATTISTA , that went to usa for meet him.
Post Reply