Does anyone have any knowledge on locating genealogical records from Procida (not Monte di Procida)? I haven't been able to learn much about this branch of the family because I could never find any records. My great-grandmother, Maria Scotto (di Perta) was born 18 DEC 1907 in Procida and later emigrated to NY. Her parents were Antonio Scotto di Perta (born ~ 1874) and Carmela Barone (born ~ 1875). According to the passenger list in 1920, the fathers of both Antonio & Carmela were living in Procida at that time; their names are Vincenzo Scotto di Perta and Salvatore Barone.
If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.
Regards,
Ellen
Procida Records
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Procida Records
Ellen, you might consider joining this group that has indexed and digitized the Procida civil and church records:
https://www.procida-family.com/US/index.htm
The members mostly live in France today...the descendants of Procidani and Ischitani who first emigrated to Algeria and Tunisia, and upon the independence of those countries moved on to France.
They have done an excellent job with archiving the records (I know firsthand as my paternal GF was born in Forio d'Ischia).
I am sure that you'll find a wealth of information.
https://www.procida-family.com/US/index.htm
The members mostly live in France today...the descendants of Procidani and Ischitani who first emigrated to Algeria and Tunisia, and upon the independence of those countries moved on to France.
They have done an excellent job with archiving the records (I know firsthand as my paternal GF was born in Forio d'Ischia).
I am sure that you'll find a wealth of information.
TerraLavoro
Re: Procida Records
Look
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Procida Records
.....
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Procida Records
This is an amazing find - thank you so much for sharing! It is unfortunate that they only bill members on a calendar year basis; it does not seem economical to join now. I am salivating over the possible records (I think I see the marriage of Antonio Scotto di Perta & Carmela Barone) since this has been a dead end for so long. I guess I will wait until January to join. But thank you so much for informing me of the existence of this group. What is the fee/number of points charged to receive a copy of a document?
Regards,
Ellen
Regards,
Ellen
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Procida Records
The easy way to find out is to send an email....I bet Pascal would offer to pro-rate the membership considering it is already July 10.
TerraLavoro
Re: Procida Records
Thank you for the suggestion - I will try that!
Re: Procida Records
Many thanks to the people who directed me to this website. I have joined and have found a wealth of information. I can't thank you enough!!
Regards,
EllenD
Regards,
EllenD
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California

