Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
TammyCurcuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Nov 2019, 06:13

Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by TammyCurcuro »

I am looking for any information on my grandfather William Francis Pizzo Curcuro and his family. On his marriage certificate it shows that he was born in St. Louis, MO although I "think" I have found his naturalization papers showing that he was born in Sicily. The marriage certificate also shows that his parents were William Curcuro and Rose Pizzo. His residence was in the Livingston, IL area and he is also buried there with his second wife. In the same cemetery is a headstone with James and Anna Curcuro (not sure how they are related) and both were born in 1871 (Sicily) and died in 1955. My DNA shows that I am kin to the surnames Curcuru, Galati, Di Maggio, Palazzalo, and more. Any help would be appreciated.
Maria giacona
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 20:46

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by Maria giacona »

lso have Palazzolo. Pizzo. Giacona .Curcuru.
Maria giacona
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 20:46

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by Maria giacona »

My mum was Galati.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by adelfio »

William Francis Pizzo Curcuro
in the Illinois, Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield Sacramental Records, 1853-1975

ViewIllinois, Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield Sacramental Records, 1853-1975
Add alternate information
Report issue
Name: William Francis Pizzo Curcuro
Gender: Male
Record Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 25 Oct 1923
Marriage Place: Sacred Heart, Livingston, Illinois, USA
Father: William Curcuro
Mother: Rosa Pizzo
Spouse: Carmen Jashu

PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/61 ... 1527618166

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TammyCurcuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Nov 2019, 06:13

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by TammyCurcuro »

adelfio wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 20:25 William Francis Pizzo Curcuro
in the Illinois, Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield Sacramental Records, 1853-1975

ViewIllinois, Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield Sacramental Records, 1853-1975
Add alternate information
Report issue
Name: William Francis Pizzo Curcuro
Gender: Male
Record Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 25 Oct 1923
Marriage Place: Sacred Heart, Livingston, Illinois, USA
Father: William Curcuro
Mother: Rosa Pizzo
Spouse: Carmen Jashu

PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/61 ... 1527618166

Marty
Thank you for looking this up. I have the Catholic Diocese records along with many other documents. I just don't have any records to tell me who William Francis Curcuro really is. All of the American records that are related to him do not show him related to William and Rosa that are listed in the marriage records. I'm trying to find out if my grandfather's last name was really Curcuro or something else and what happened to William and Rosa and why do the American documents say that his parents were James and Anna Curcuro.
TammyCurcuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Nov 2019, 06:13

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by TammyCurcuro »

Maria giacona wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 17:47 lso have Palazzolo. Pizzo. Giacona .Curcuru.
Do you have any information in your family regarding a William Curcuro or Rosa Pizzo?
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by rlw254 »

Most of these names can be found in Cinisi. I briefly looked here for births of a Guglielmo or any child to Guglielmo with a Pizzo mother around 1871 but didn't see anything convincing.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
TammyCurcuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Nov 2019, 06:13

Re: Curcuro / Curcuru / Pizzo

Post by TammyCurcuro »

rlw254 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 05:35 Most of these names can be found in Cinisi. I briefly looked here for births of a Guglielmo or any child to Guglielmo with a Pizzo mother around 1871 but didn't see anything convincing.
Thank you so much for looking in to this for me. From what I understand and other DNA matches, they were probably from Cinisi. I too cannot find any birth information for my nonno/grandfather.
Post Reply