I have been tracing my family with the Mazzu surname in Montalbano di Elicona Messina. I have traced the family back to Santo Mazzu whose death record I found. He died in 1875 at the age of 75 and his birth place is Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. His parents were Giuseppe Mazzu and Maria Cicero. I now need to start looking at records in Barcellona. I understand that Civil Records did not exist in or around 1800 when he would have been born Can someone tell me if church records would exist in Barcellona and where I would write or email to get his birth record
Thank you
Julie
Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto
Check out http://www.parrocchiemap.it/
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
