Hi Roseanne
I looked at your family tree. I would add this
Looking at the records available on the Ellis Island site Carlo had a brother Lorenzo (he gives his name as next of kin in Italy when arriving in 1927)) and an uncle Marco Colombo in Cambria
Rosa's father was Alessandro Beverina and not Giovanni
Olginasio was a village in Como's Province back then, now it is part of the Comune of Besozzo, Province of Varese.
If you didn't already do this you can write to the Comune of Besozzo asking for Estratto dell'Atto di nascita (birth record) for both Carlo and Rosa. Since you have their date of birth it should be easy, and so you'll have the name of their parents. The mail address is
anagrafe@comune.besozzo.va.it
Good luck
Paola
BERNASCONI surname
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
- verronicka
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 13:48
Re: BERNASCONI surname
Thank you! I have written to the email you provided, and I am still waiting to hear back. You are wonderful!! I appreciate your help so much.paola52 wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 22:11 Hi Roseanne
I looked at your family tree. I would add this
Looking at the records available on the Ellis Island site Carlo had a brother Lorenzo (he gives his name as next of kin in Italy when arriving in 1927)) and an uncle Marco Colombo in Cambria
Rosa's father was Alessandro Beverina and not Giovanni
Olginasio was a village in Como's Province back then, now it is part of the Comune of Besozzo, Province of Varese.
If you didn't already do this you can write to the Comune of Besozzo asking for Estratto dell'Atto di nascita (birth record) for both Carlo and Rosa. Since you have their date of birth it should be easy, and so you'll have the name of their parents. The mail address is
anagrafe@comune.besozzo.va.it
Good luck
Paola
Re: BERNASCONI surname
ianbyers wrote: 20 Apr 2011, 18:54 My new family tree has the following connected (mostly Italian ?) family names that might be of interest to other Ticino researchers (I suspect a couple might be SWISS or GERMAN)
BERNASCONI, FERRARI, MOMBELLI, ZEPPI (CEPPI), MASPOLI, DURINI, RUSCONI, FOLETTI, BARRACHI, PINILLOS, INGOLD, BERTRAND, PLACIDE, BILLAUD, MJOR, RYSER, JUNOD, JEANGUERIN, PERRET, VERMOT, PERRIN, SCACCHI, SOLCA, BANFI, ROLNOSI, ROSSI, REALINI, GRASSI, ADAM, PANINA, CROCI, FONTANA, ALBISETTI, MORETTI.
Ive got the last name Perrin, my grandmother was Italian, we could be related? Are you romani by any chance? Her last name was Zinzan.
Look forward to hearing back
