Hello,
The below link and attachment is the 1634 Monreale marriage of Benedetto Fabiano and Caterina Ribando. I see where Benedetto is from but I don't understand where Caterina is from. It looks like she is from Monreale, but all the others words after her parents are difficult to read.
Thanks
Chris
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Monreale marriage
Re: Monreale marriage
She's a widow from Genoa living in Piana die Greci
Re: Monreale marriage
Thanks again Erudita. Literally they came from all over to go to the big cities back then.
Re: Monreale marriage
Hi Chris -should be dei before Greci. On my kindle and not my laptop and it constantly changes my spelling. Happy to help.
Re: Monreale marriage
Hi Erudita,
I'm curious. I see that Benedetto and his parents; Augostino and Caterina Fabiano are from Piana dei Greci but what words after Caterina and her parents, Pietro and Antonia Ribando mention she is a widow and from Piana dei Greci.
Were you referring to Caterina Fabiano?
Thanks
Chris
I'm curious. I see that Benedetto and his parents; Augostino and Caterina Fabiano are from Piana dei Greci but what words after Caterina and her parents, Pietro and Antonia Ribando mention she is a widow and from Piana dei Greci.
Were you referring to Caterina Fabiano?
Thanks
Chris
Re: Monreale marriage
Chris-sorry but I originally misread the record. Both spouses are widowed. Benedetto is a widower from Genoa but living in Piana dei Greci. Caterina Ribando is also a widow. The name of her deceased husband is in the record. His first name Giovanni written as Gianni in the Record. I can't decipher his last name but he was from Monreale. Erudita
The word viduo and vidua for widower/widow. There's another word after vidua which I can't decipher.
The word viduo and vidua for widower/widow. There's another word after vidua which I can't decipher.
Re: Monreale marriage
Caterina Ribando is the widow of Domenico di Giovanni.
Surnames: Addamo, Assena, Biundo, Bracco, Caruso, Costa, Cuccia, d'Amico, di Fiore, di Majo, Di Palermo, Grieco, Jacono, la Licata, Picoraro, Ricci, Russo, Sinopoli, Spadaro, Zummo, etc.
Re: Monreale marriage
Yes Domenico is the first name of Caterina's previous spouse. They were married Aug 23, 1632 #50. His last name appears as Gianni in that record. Matrimoni 1621 to 1640 image 270 of 427. Same parish.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
Re: Monreale marriage
WOW
I totally missed all of that. Thank you both for your help.
Chris
I totally missed all of that. Thank you both for your help.
Chris


