Deprale, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
healey2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 30 Dec 2013, 00:25

Deprale, Italy

Post by healey2000 »

Can anyone direct me to the location of a town in northern Italy that is very likely spelled "DEPRALE"? I have a copy of a handwritten passport for my Great Grandmother signed by the Mayor of Gallarate, Italy in 1910 with an official stamp. The writing is very easy to read and, when comparing each letter of the town to other letters in the passport, it looks exactly like DEPRALE. However, I cannot locate that town on any map, even when I try variations of this spelling. The only other information is that the passport says the town is in the "province of Milan" which I don't think was an actual province but at least the location is clear. Thanks very much.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Deprale, Italy

Post by PippoM »

In that area, place names ending in "-ate" are more common than "-ale".
However, can you post an image of how it is written?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
healey2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 30 Dec 2013, 00:25

Re: Deprale, Italy

Post by healey2000 »

Hi Pippo,
I have been trying to figure out how to post an image to this forum but so far I haven't been successful. The document is not on a public webserver.

I scanned the area of the document that contains the town name and took a screenshot of the scan. That's as far as I have been able to proceed. I was hoping to copy and paste it into this space either from the scan or from the screenshot.

Please advise. Thanks.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Deprale, Italy

Post by PippoM »

I see when you start a topic, you can upload an attachment. When you reply to a previous post, it doesn't seem to be possible, or, at least, I can't find a way to do it.
So, you should upload the file to a file sharing site, like Dropbox, or PostImage, and post the link.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
healey2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 30 Dec 2013, 00:25

Re: Deprale, Italy

Post by healey2000 »

Hi Pippo,
It looks like I was successful in sending you a private message with an attached document that includes 4 lines of the passport with the town name where my relative resided. Please let me know if the private message option worked.
Thanks very much.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Deprale, Italy

Post by PippoM »

No, I've not received any PM till now. It's so weird!
Well, I suggest you to close this thread, and start a new one, attaching the image.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply