Partial Marriage Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Partial Marriage Translation

Post by EllenD »

I am trying to figure out the details of my 3rd great-grandparents from Procida. He is Pietro Paolo MASSA and had the profession of "marinaro." I wondered if he died at sea. He married Maria MAZZELLA JANNUZZO in 1843.

But I find a marriage in 1852 in Procida between Maria MAZZELLA JANNUZZO and Simone Michele Arcangelo SCOTTO. Pietro Paolo MASSA seems to be referenced in this document. I can not link directly to the website so I am attaching 3 pictures from this 1852 marriage. Can anyone please help with a translation so I can try to find if my 3rd great-grandmother remarried in 1852?

Thank you for the assistance.

Regards,

Ellen
Attachments
Marriage 1852 C.JPG
Marriage 1852 B.JPG
Marriage 1852 A.JPG
cedrone
Master
Master
Posts: 627
Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 22:01

Re: Partial Marriage Translation

Post by cedrone »

Hi Ellen.
If Maria Mazzella married Pietro Paolo Massa in 1843, she could not remarry in 1852 as he was still living.
It seems to me that the pictures you attached refer to another person. It is written Maria Luigia Mazzella, not only Maria, she seems a relative, perhaps a sister, aged 29 (born in 1823) (do you have the birth date of Maria?). Maria Luigia was born and living in Procida, daughter of Domenico and Cecilia Scotto d'Aniello [?].
Pietro Paolo Massa is cited as a representative of the bride, authorized by act of a notary, Nicola Scotto Galletta, written in Napoli on 19 December 1852; the notary attests also that the bride's parents consent to the marriage.
So I understand that the bride for some reason could not be present to the marriage that was celebrated "per procura".
The other pictures shows only the list of documents requested for the marriage and the signatures.
However if you could tell me from which website you took this document or you can send it by email, I'll try to understand better the matter.
Regards
Ugo
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Re: Partial Marriage Translation

Post by EllenD »

Thank you, Ugo. I tried sending you a Private Message, but I am not sure it went through.

Regards,

Ellen
EllenD
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 20:44

Re: Partial Marriage Translation

Post by EllenD »

Ugo,

I do believe that this record is in connection with the sister of my 3rd great-grandmother. That is how I am going to proceed at this time. Many thanks to you!

Ellen
Post Reply