my grandad Carlo Mancini was held as prisoner is 29 Royston Heath camp in Hertfordshire. I recently found his prisoner ID and I'd like to have more information on where he stayed and work.
All he said was that he was picking strawberries in a farm.
His Italian Prisoner of War ID document is NR. Z005837 issued by 29 IT Lab Btn in Royston. He was given the prisoner of war number 39657. The document was issued on the 17th of June 1944.
From what my dad told me, he stayed in the UK several years and the farm owner also offered him to stay and move my grandma there (but she didn't want to leave Italy
Anyone has more information on this camp or knows where I can find more info?
I know the Red Cross might have some info but their searching service is on hold until September.
Thanks!

