I posted this last week, but I got a message saying it couldn't be viewed until an admin. approved it. So I don't know what is up with that, so I am reposting again.
My friend and I are in disagreement to the spelling.
He thinks it is Abacchione. I think it is Macchione. This is on an official copy of the baptismal record from Nocera Terinese.
I have found Macchione in surname lists, but never Abacchione. I believe what he is taking for as a "b" is just a flourish after the capital "M".
Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Handwriting Check
Re: Handwriting Check
The surname is definitely Macchione, which is found in the town.
Erudita
Erudita
-
bbivona
- Master

- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 00:43
- Location: Texas e Sicilia, provincia di Trapani
Re: Handwriting Check
I agree with Erudita.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
