Help with an unusual birth certificate
Help with an unusual birth certificate
Here is another birth certificate that is, seemingly, out of the norm. Maybe I am wrong, however.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
Image 1794
Number 43
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and married Rocco Scala in 1885.
Considering the fact that the child is presented with the mother's last name, I am going to assume that the father is unknown...not sure. There is also writing under the name in the column...I am not sure what that's about. I see a "Guiseppe Scala" and then some writing before and after. There is also a stamp from the "Tribunale di Sala Consilina".
At any rate, I am sure it isn't positive, but if someone can translate what's going on here, that would help.
Thank you,
Don
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
Image 1794
Number 43
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and married Rocco Scala in 1885.
Considering the fact that the child is presented with the mother's last name, I am going to assume that the father is unknown...not sure. There is also writing under the name in the column...I am not sure what that's about. I see a "Guiseppe Scala" and then some writing before and after. There is also a stamp from the "Tribunale di Sala Consilina".
At any rate, I am sure it isn't positive, but if someone can translate what's going on here, that would help.
Thank you,
Don
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 00:50 Here is another birth certificate that is, seemingly, out of the norm. Maybe I am wrong, however.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
Image 1794
Number 43
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and married Rocco Scala in 1885.
Considering the fact that the child is presented with the mother's last name, I am going to assume that the father is unknown...not sure. There is also writing under the name in the column...I am not sure what that's about. I see a "Giuseppe Scala" and then some writing before and after. There is also a stamp from the "Tribunale di Sala Consilina".
At any rate, I am sure it isn't positive, but if someone can translate what's going on here, that would help.
Thank you,
Don
Birth No 43: Angela Visco
(Side Note: 30 April 1931 marries Giuseppe Scala)
(Further Side Note: Died on 1 October 1971 Petina)
Birth was registered on 13 September 1884 in the town of Petina.
Appearing was Caterina Visco, 27 yo, contadina, living in Petina, who reported that at 8.15 am, on 10 Sseptember 1884, in the house in Via Vaglio, No 12, from her union with an unmarried man, who was not related in any way etc, was born a baby girl who she presented, and gave the name Angela.
Angela
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thank you, Angela. I am going to assume that this Caterina Visco was the unmarried one...but who knows.
Don
Don
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 04:42 Thank you, Angela. I am going to assume that this Caterina Visco was the unmarried one...but who knows.
Don
I would hope so. If it was during World War I or II I might have more of a question mark, or if Caterina's husband had left the town to work overseas somewhere.
I was thinking that you might like to write to the town to get Angela's marriage record. It would be interesting to view it to see whether her father, at a later stage, recognised her as his child. Have you been through all the marriage records to 1910?
Angela
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thanks, Angela.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 00:50
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and married Rocco Scala in 1885.
Don
dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 06:14 Thanks, Angela.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
Okay! So this Caterina may have been the same Caterina, who the following year, married Rocco Scala??? Are you able to post the marriage record for me to look at, and also the pubblication if you have it. Thank you.
Angela
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
AngelaGrace56 wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 01:05dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 00:50
Birth certificate for Angela Visco, born in 1884.
I can't find the father...it seems the mother is Caterina Visco, who is 27. This makes her born about 1857.
We have two Caterina Visco candidates...one born in 1856...who married Sabantonio Bianco in 1879. The other was born in 1858 and married Rocco Scala in 1885.
Don
dpv wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 06:14 Thanks, Angela.
Yes...I have been through all of the Visco marriage records through 1910. She is not anywhere.
Okay! So this Caterina may have been the same Caterina, who the following year, married Rocco Scala??? Are you able to post the marriage record for me to look at, and also the pubblication if you have it. Thank you.
Angela
Angela. Here's the link. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Don
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
It doesn't say anything about recognizing a child. I need to go out soon, so I'll look for the publication later and then get back to you.
Angela
Angela
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Grazie, G. I'll have a rethink.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
dpv wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 03:00
Angela. Here's the link. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Don
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
Thank you for posting the link to the marriage record earlier today. Neither the marriage record nor the pubblication say anything about recognising a child, so that's put paid to that idea.
Re Sabato Bianco and Caterina Visco:
I've had a quick look at the Birth Records up to 1892 and have only found one child born to Sabato Bianco and Caterina Visco. Have you found any others? I know there are some indices missing. I went through some of the records with missing indices page by page but didn't see any other children born to this couple. .
Anyways, looking at the record for their first child born in 1881, I see that Sabato didn't report the birth because he was a long way from the town at the time of the birth. So maybe he died, or just didn't return????
Filomena Bianco, born 1881 to Sabato Bianco and Caterina Visco: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=719672
Angela
Re: Help with an unusual birth certificate
Thank you, Angela. I did not find anything else.
It could be either Caterina, though more likely the one not married yet. The one who wasn't married...I find no kids for in Petina. I tried looking for them in NY but there wasn't any useful leads.
Thanks for checking.
Don
It could be either Caterina, though more likely the one not married yet. The one who wasn't married...I find no kids for in Petina. I tried looking for them in NY but there wasn't any useful leads.
Thanks for checking.
Don
