Italian POW in WWII
Italian POW in WWII
Where I can find some information about POW during WWII?
Specialy information about Gildo Pessapane! (he was POW in Yugoslavia 1944)
Thanks
Specialy information about Gildo Pessapane! (he was POW in Yugoslavia 1944)
Thanks
Re: Italian POW in WWII
You might want to try tracking down the military records for Gildo in the country he was serving for. Also, you might try the Red Cross ... they maintained pretty good records.
Bob Fornal
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Hi,
Could the surname be Pesapane instead of Pessapane? Pesapane is more common.
Could the surname be Pesapane instead of Pessapane? Pesapane is more common.
Re: Italian POW in WWII
We dont know where he whose before 1944, and afther 1944.
He whose POW in Novi Sad/Petrovaradin during september - october 1944.
In october 1944. Germans haved plan to destroy Petrovaradin fortress (http://www.peterwardein.com). Italian POW are forsed to cary explosives in underground galeries. Pesapane flee from POW camp in Petrovaradin to find and inform resistance movement about German actions. He find some people. Pesapane is man who is responsible for preserving Petrovaradin fortress.
We also have idea to give one name to street in Petrovaradin "Ulica ?ilda Pesapanija" (Guildo Pesapane st.), but we must find some of his biography.
He whose POW in Novi Sad/Petrovaradin during september - october 1944.
In october 1944. Germans haved plan to destroy Petrovaradin fortress (http://www.peterwardein.com). Italian POW are forsed to cary explosives in underground galeries. Pesapane flee from POW camp in Petrovaradin to find and inform resistance movement about German actions. He find some people. Pesapane is man who is responsible for preserving Petrovaradin fortress.
We also have idea to give one name to street in Petrovaradin "Ulica ?ilda Pesapanija" (Guildo Pesapane st.), but we must find some of his biography.
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Hello,Micowiny wrote:Where I can find some information about POW during WWII?
Specialy information about Gildo Pessapane! (he was POW in Yugoslavia 1944)
Thanks
you can send a request to have a copy of his military record, that might be saved to Distretto Militare or Archivio di Stato of the are where he was born.
Where and when he was born?
Happy to help you...
bye Riccardo
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Realy... I dont know what to say.
Few days ago I find information that Guildo Pesapane is not returned to Italy. Pesapane stay in Petrovaradin after WWII and meried one woman from Petrovaradin. Pesapane die few years ago.
Few days ago I find information that Guildo Pesapane is not returned to Italy. Pesapane stay in Petrovaradin after WWII and meried one woman from Petrovaradin. Pesapane die few years ago.
Re: Italian POW in WWII
salve mi piacerebbe,se possibile,avere delle foto di mio nonno Pace Salvatore detenuto nel campo di prigionia inglese motcombe park campo n 47Micowiny wrote:Realy... I dont know what to say.
Few days ago I find information that Guildo Pesapane is not returned to Italy. Pesapane stay in Petrovaradin after WWII and meried one woman from Petrovaradin. Pesapane die few years ago.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Forse si puo cercare un foto di lui facendo una domanda della Croce Rossa Internazionale dove si puo pagare o aspettare per una ricerca dalla parte di loro che sitrovano a www.icrc.org/eng/contact-archives
E gratis per la persona o sua famiglia e dice in inglese ci vuole como 55 Euros per un giorno per cercare suo archivo e loro poi spediranno un conto e direzione de la forma del pagamento.
Ma perche non fa domanda al Archivio di Stato nella provincia dov'abitava quando e stato chiamate all' escercito. Puo chiedere per suo archivo che contiene un foto di lui nel suo Registro Di Leva. Mi dispace dirle che ci vuole como 75 anni prima che puo fare questa domanda. =Peter=
E gratis per la persona o sua famiglia e dice in inglese ci vuole como 55 Euros per un giorno per cercare suo archivo e loro poi spediranno un conto e direzione de la forma del pagamento.
Ma perche non fa domanda al Archivio di Stato nella provincia dov'abitava quando e stato chiamate all' escercito. Puo chiedere per suo archivo che contiene un foto di lui nel suo Registro Di Leva. Mi dispace dirle che ci vuole como 75 anni prima che puo fare questa domanda. =Peter=
~Peter~
-
clarecollins12
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Jun 2016, 12:52
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Ciao, sto cercando di trovare informazioni sul mio grande padre che era un prigioniero di guerra al campo 47, Motcombe.
Vedo che il tuo parente era anche lì e stavo chiedendo se aveste informazioni sulle persone con cui erano amici o foto. Conosco solo il nome di mio padre, Renato. Era un cantante molto bravo e fu mandato a lavorare in una fattoria a Horsington, Somerset.
So che sto stringendo cannucce ma sono disperato!
Grazie molto
Clare Collins
Vedo che il tuo parente era anche lì e stavo chiedendo se aveste informazioni sulle persone con cui erano amici o foto. Conosco solo il nome di mio padre, Renato. Era un cantante molto bravo e fu mandato a lavorare in una fattoria a Horsington, Somerset.
So che sto stringendo cannucce ma sono disperato!
Grazie molto
Clare Collins
-
clarecollins12
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Jun 2016, 12:52
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Hi, Salva, I'm trying to find information on my grandfather who was a prisoner of war at Camp 47, Motcombe.
I see that your relative was also there and I was wondering if you had information about the people with whom they were friends or photos. I know only my grandfather's name, Renato. He was a very good singer and was sent to work on a farm in Horsington, Somerset.
I know I'm clutching at straws but I'm desperate!
Thank you very much
Clare Collins
I see that your relative was also there and I was wondering if you had information about the people with whom they were friends or photos. I know only my grandfather's name, Renato. He was a very good singer and was sent to work on a farm in Horsington, Somerset.
I know I'm clutching at straws but I'm desperate!
Thank you very much
Clare Collins
-
alisha5050
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jul 2020, 13:18
Re: Italian POW in WWII
This is my Dubai call girl agency website, and from my agency you will get one of the hottest call girl in Dubai.
Dubai Escorts
Dubai Escorts
Re: Italian POW in WWII
Ciao! Non so chi potrà mai leggere dopo tanti anni questo messaggio..
I'm looking for my grandfather VITTORIO CORTELLETTI.
he was in 47 pow camp.
Dora: doranevi@yahoo.it
I'm looking for my grandfather VITTORIO CORTELLETTI.
he was in 47 pow camp.
Dora: doranevi@yahoo.it


