Hello,
Is anyone able to help with the translation & script on these two records to let me know if this is the same child (birth & death record). The names match - but I'm not sure if the parents names do or not
Also, on this record looking for the names of any parents & grandparents and ages present.
Birth record - Mariantonia Lauria (1866): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Death record - Mariantonia Lauria (1867):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Thank you!
Birth & Death record - same child?
-
Colaiacovo_Search
- Rookie

- Posts: 36
- Joined: 15 Dec 2017, 08:00
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
Birth record - Mariantonia Lauria (1866): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Dob: 1866 Dec 10
Father: Antonio Lauria, 32yo, son of Giovanni
Mother: Cherubina d'Alessandro, daughter of dec Antonio
Death record - Mariantonia Lauria (1867): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Dod: 1867 Jan 4
Aged 1year
Father: Giuseppe
Mother: Serafina Craso(sp?)
Dob: 1866 Dec 10
Father: Antonio Lauria, 32yo, son of Giovanni
Mother: Cherubina d'Alessandro, daughter of dec Antonio
Death record - Mariantonia Lauria (1867): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Dod: 1867 Jan 4
Aged 1year
Father: Giuseppe
Mother: Serafina Craso(sp?)
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
I'd say Craco. It's a name that appears in the town in that time period.liviomoreno wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 07:55 Birth record - Mariantonia Lauria (1866): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Dob: 1866 Dec 10
Father: Antonio Lauria, 32yo, son of Giovanni
Mother: Cherubina d'Alessandro, daughter of dec Antonio
Death record - Mariantonia Lauria (1867): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Dod: 1867 Jan 4
Aged 1year
Father: Giuseppe
Mother: Serafina Craso(sp?)
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
Sarah
I believe the following is the Death Record that you are looking for:
Death No 38: Mariantonia Lauria
Registered Gorgoglione: 26 August 1874
Mariantonia Lauria, died 6 pm, 25 August 1874, in the paternal house, in this town, in Strada Largo del Castello, No 20. She was the daughter of Antonio Lauria and Rubina d'Ales(sandro), a contadina, aged 7 yo, born and living in Gorgoglione.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
So, she died five months before "your" Mariantonia Lauria was born.
As I was looking for this Death Record I came across some other Death Records pertaining to Antonia and (Che)rubina so I'll post them shortly.
Angela
I believe the following is the Death Record that you are looking for:
Death No 38: Mariantonia Lauria
Registered Gorgoglione: 26 August 1874
Mariantonia Lauria, died 6 pm, 25 August 1874, in the paternal house, in this town, in Strada Largo del Castello, No 20. She was the daughter of Antonio Lauria and Rubina d'Ales(sandro), a contadina, aged 7 yo, born and living in Gorgoglione.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
So, she died five months before "your" Mariantonia Lauria was born.
As I was looking for this Death Record I came across some other Death Records pertaining to Antonia and (Che)rubina so I'll post them shortly.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
Following on from my previous post:
1871 Death No 49: Maria Luigia Lauria: Age 2
Died 8 am, 21 November, paternal house, this town, Strada Mancosa, No 15, a girl, aged 2 years, daughter of Antonio Lauria and Cherubina D'Alessandro.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
1873 Death No 53: Luigi Lauria: Age 2
Died 3 pm, 24 December, paternal house, this town, Strada Mancosa, No 20, a boy, aged 2 years, born and living in this town, the son of Antonio Lauria and Rubina d'Ales(s)andro.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to Add:
I'm not sure whether you already have the following:
1856 Marriage No 4: Antonio Lauria and Maria Cherubina d'Alessandro: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
1860 Birth No 23: Teresa Lauria, daughter of Antonio Lauria, son of Giovanni Lauria, 23 yo, landowner, and Cherubina D'Alessandro, his legitimate wife, 20 yo.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
It looks like Teresa was their first child, as I didn't come across any others. I suspect they had a son called Giovanni somewhere along the way but as there are some missing Birth Records I can't prove this.
Angela
1871 Death No 49: Maria Luigia Lauria: Age 2
Died 8 am, 21 November, paternal house, this town, Strada Mancosa, No 15, a girl, aged 2 years, daughter of Antonio Lauria and Cherubina D'Alessandro.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
1873 Death No 53: Luigi Lauria: Age 2
Died 3 pm, 24 December, paternal house, this town, Strada Mancosa, No 20, a boy, aged 2 years, born and living in this town, the son of Antonio Lauria and Rubina d'Ales(s)andro.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to Add:
I'm not sure whether you already have the following:
1856 Marriage No 4: Antonio Lauria and Maria Cherubina d'Alessandro: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
1860 Birth No 23: Teresa Lauria, daughter of Antonio Lauria, son of Giovanni Lauria, 23 yo, landowner, and Cherubina D'Alessandro, his legitimate wife, 20 yo.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
It looks like Teresa was their first child, as I didn't come across any others. I suspect they had a son called Giovanni somewhere along the way but as there are some missing Birth Records I can't prove this.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
Here's the translation to the 1856 Marriage Record:
Marriage No 4: 7 June 1856
Appearing before the official were:
Signor Antonio Lauria, 21 yo, born in Gorgoglione, a landowner, living therein, the son of Signor Giovanni (Lauria), a landowner, living with his son, and of the deceased Teresa Gagliardi
and
Maria Cherubina d'Alessandro, 19 yo, born in Gorgoglione, living therein, the daughter of Antonio (d'Alessandro), a landowner, living with his daughter, and of Mariantonia Maiorana, living with her husband
Amongst the allegati (attachments) presented in order for the marriage to proceed were the following:
1. Birth Act of the Groom
2. Death Act of the mother of the Groom
3. Birth Act of the Bride - intervention of the surviving father of the groom, and of the parents of the bride, who gave their consent to the promise of marriage.
4. Notification (Bann) which resulted in no opposition to the marriage proceeding.
(Right Column – Church marriage took place in Gorgoglione on 8 June 1856.)
Angela
Marriage No 4: 7 June 1856
Appearing before the official were:
Signor Antonio Lauria, 21 yo, born in Gorgoglione, a landowner, living therein, the son of Signor Giovanni (Lauria), a landowner, living with his son, and of the deceased Teresa Gagliardi
and
Maria Cherubina d'Alessandro, 19 yo, born in Gorgoglione, living therein, the daughter of Antonio (d'Alessandro), a landowner, living with his daughter, and of Mariantonia Maiorana, living with her husband
Amongst the allegati (attachments) presented in order for the marriage to proceed were the following:
1. Birth Act of the Groom
2. Death Act of the mother of the Groom
3. Birth Act of the Bride - intervention of the surviving father of the groom, and of the parents of the bride, who gave their consent to the promise of marriage.
4. Notification (Bann) which resulted in no opposition to the marriage proceeding.
(Right Column – Church marriage took place in Gorgoglione on 8 June 1856.)
Angela
-
Colaiacovo_Search
- Rookie

- Posts: 36
- Joined: 15 Dec 2017, 08:00
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
Wow Angela! Thank you so much!!!
I figured out the missing pieces about the earlier children born who died and then another round of children born (named Mariantonia - my ancestor - and Maria Luigia) -- but I didn't know about the other children.
Additionally, I did not have the marriage record and had searched many different years, but had yet to come across.
Thank you so kindly.
I figured out the missing pieces about the earlier children born who died and then another round of children born (named Mariantonia - my ancestor - and Maria Luigia) -- but I didn't know about the other children.
Additionally, I did not have the marriage record and had searched many different years, but had yet to come across.
Thank you so kindly.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Birth & Death record - same child?
You are very welcome.
Angela
Angela