?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

There is a surname "FERENZO." Don't know if it fits?????
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi jcsm
Never occured to me to think of that as a surname. I've never heard it mentioned before. Though my dad didnt say much about his family except that they came from Sant'Elia. As I've said I've just found out my dad had two more brothers and another half sister. Any thoughts to why that name had been added to the birth certifcate just after the details saying where my grandparens were married? One other question, when looking up the register of births on-line it never gives the mother's maiden name can this only be obtained if you order a copy of the original document? I have found some more names of children born around 1885 + 1888 in England which may well be some more siblings, there are so many variations of the spellings the only way I can be sure is if the mothers name matches my grandmothers name and even then there has been variations every time it is recorded. I still have a cousin on my dads side of the family so I'll contact him and find out if that name 'rings a bell 'with him.
Joyce many thanks for all your time and the help and advice you are giving me, its much appreciated.
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by nuccia »

Emmy,

I really didn't look at the record clearly but could it mean Firenza? (As in Florence Italy?) :?:

Nuccia :?
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
It's always another 'avenue' to try. Maybe when the 'films' arrive if I cant find any trace of my grandad birth being registered in Sant'Elia maybe I could try 'Florence' next.
Hi jcsm
I've tried searching online this morning to see if I could get any records with the surname Ferenzo in England or Scotland at that time but nothing is coming up. My cousin hasn't got back to me yet. Will keep you updated.
Many thanks to you both
Emmy
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Marisa
Sorry I missed your 'post' on page 5 I just saw it tonight along with the post that Joyce put in on page 5 with the link. (YesterdayI had just clicked onto p.6) My cousin sent me that copy I dont know where she got the extract from but there is nothing written in the margin of that document. I think I will send for an original copy of his birth certificate tomorrow. You are right when you say FERENZO looks like it has been added on later because the writing is different. Will keep you posted what is on the original certificate.
Lots of thanks again
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Emmy,

I think you have the complete birth record, margins & all!.

Here is a link to the whole record.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2022 ... ord8kl.jpg


Marisa,

What do you think?

Also, can you answer Emmy's question on getting grandmother's maiden name?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Guys

Hmm - that is a strange one. My gut feeling is that it is not a name. If anything, because it is squeezed in after the location of the marriage, it could be to do with a further clarification of the area. Frankly - it shouldn't be there because it really looks like it has been added afterwards.

What you have there is a photocopy - possibly of a microfiche image - of a page in a registration book. An official extract would not have the two certificates above and below. You would be able to see the whole page in its entirely at the Scotlands People webpage. The photocopy is at a slight angle and has partially obscured the deep margin at the left. Notes of an entry in the RCE - (Register of Corrected Entries) - are usually to be found written at 90 degrees to the rest of the text and would usually be short saying something like 'See RCE vol? pg?'. I can't make out if there is anything there or not on the image, but just under the typewritten bit that seems to say 'date' there is a smudge - but it might be just that - a smudge!! I need to see the original entry with the whole margin area. The best place for that is Scotlands People Emmy. An official extract will cost you more! - Unless of course you want it for your files :D

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Marisa6 »

Just an after thought. The image is very pixellated but are you sure it says Ferenzo and not Potenza? Emmy - you will be able to see it better.

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi everyone
I have just phoned Glasgow Reg. to order a copy of the original birth certificate for Michelangelo ( I have most of the original copies for the other members so I thought I'd get his too) I asked the assistant what was on the certificate after the part where it said Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Italy. and you were correct Marisa the word 'Ferenzo' doesn't seem to be on the original copy. I can only think maybe, if what I have is a copy from a film, what has happened if someone has taken a copy from the microfiche film perhaps they have written Ferenzo as a note,reminder for something, on their copy before my cousin posted one to me. My cousin still hasnt been back in contact with me yet. Sorry for all this mix up, this is a bit like trying to complete a 4000 piece jigsaw puzzle with lots of the pieces and colours missing! It would be interesting to find out if FERENZO was on the original microfiche film! Will see if I can find this out.
Once again many thanks for your help
Emmy
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Emmy

I love jigsaws :) but I never get time to do them :cry:

When you phoned the Glasgow Registrars was it Martha Street or Park Circus you contacted? If it was Park Circus then I would imagine it was the microfiche whoever you spoke to was looking at. The original books are kept in Edinburgh, although there might be copies at the Registrars in Martha Street - it has been a very long time since I was there. As you say - it would be interesting to know if this word appears on the microfiche, or if it is a note someone has left on a photocopy.

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Marisa
It was Martha Street, thats where I got the others from too. Park Circus rings a bell! I think that where my cousin goes to with a friend when looking up documnents. Thank goodness for the phone and the internet, I'm in Fife and don't travel much-my car only knows the local routes!! :roll: -about 8 miles in each direction!!
I've just managed to get an 'international reply coupon' to enclose with the letter I've typed to send to the Michelangelo Difilippis in USA. our wee postoffice didnt know about that coupon (got one at the main Post office)Tried phoning my cousin, no reply will try again tonight Keep you posted

My daughter's well into jigsaws before she and her husband and family moved to France last year they made up a jigsaw and had it framed for me and I was told to take note and look at it every day - It was of two pigs drinking wine and it said, 'Piggin' Relax' so I'm off to my craft class this afternoon to do just that!
You are all first class
Thanks again
Emmy
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi jcsm I've noticed that on page 4 of my post there was 'Annasacchetti' asking about Sant'Elia re birth certificate for g.grandmother you posted a message about this to 'Andrew' saying he had his own post. I've looked back the posts but can't find the name 'annaccetti' I was thinking as I have ordered microfiche for Sant'Elia if the g.grandmothers birth year was between 1850-1857 and 1857-1865 (thats the films I have ordered)I could maybe find some details that would help when I'm searching for my relations.
If possible I'd like to do a wee bit in return for all the help I've been getting
Love to all
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Emmy,

It's sweet of you to want to help. Suggest you pm Matthew & ask him if you can help with getting the records he needs.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by nuccia »

Emmy,

That's so nice of you. To check posts, click on posters profile icon and it lists where they have posted. Then click on the topic. Here's the one you want.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =4756.html

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by nuccia »

hiya Joyce!

We did it again...I want to play a lottery ticket for us using those numbers from the other day...You in?

PM me...ok

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply