Turturro & Quercia family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Christine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Sep 2020, 20:24

Turturro & Quercia family

Post by Christine »

Hello,

I am looking for information on my maternal great grandparents:
Francesca Turturro born 1858 in Terlizzi, Bari, Puglia, Italy
Luigi Quercia (?) born 1854 in Corato, Bari, Puglia, Italy

If you could let me know when each passed away and who their parents were? They had my grandfather (Antonio) in 1882 and that is all the information I have.

Thank you,
Christine
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by suanj »

Luigi Quercia born in Corato on 25 Jul 1854 #441, son of Francesco ( son of Luigi sr)30 old farm hand, and of Angela Prudente ( daughter of Giuseppe) 30 old
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
click to enlarge
Marriage note: in Terlizzi on 9 May 1880 married to Francesca Turturro daughter of Angelantonio
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by suanj »

Francesca Turturro born in Terlizzi on 29 Jul 1858 #415, daughter of Angelantonio 40 old, farmer, son of late Vito, and of Celeste Giannelli, 40 old, daughter of late Michele.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
click to enlarge
Marriage note: in Terlizzi on 9 May 1880 married to Luigi Quercia son of late Francesco
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Christine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Sep 2020, 20:24

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by Christine »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the information. How far back do your records go? It would be interesting to see how far back I could go, so exciting!

If you have any information on Vito Turturro and Celeste Giannelli I would appreciate it so much.

My Best,
Christine
Christine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Sep 2020, 20:24

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by Christine »

Also if you had any more information on Francesco ( son of Luigi sr)30 old farm hand, and of Angela Prudente ( daughter of Giuseppe) 30 old I would also appreciate all the help you could offer.

My Best,
Christine
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by adelfio »

Help for you Suanj get you back a little further

INDEX#46
1880 May 9th marriage record of Luigi Quercia age 25 yrs old born in Corato (25 Jul 1854 Index #441) son of deceased Francesco Quercia and his legal wife deceased Angela Prudente married to Francesca Turturro age 21 born in Terlizza daughter of Angeloantonio Turturro and his wife Celeste Giannelli

PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 7.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Turturro & Quercia family

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giuseppe Prudente and Maria Mininno
INDEX#102
1846 Nov 15th Giuseppe Prudente age 26 born in Terlizza son of deceased Vincenzo Prudente and Concetta Caltado married Maria Mininno age 22 born in Terlizza daughter of Michele Mininno shepherd and his wife Anna Lucia D'Alexandro

PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 7.jpg.html


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply