Mazzeo — Paduli
Mazzeo — Paduli
Resubmission because there were errors in the old one!
This is a bit of a weird one, but here goes.
I'm looking for records concerning the Mazzeo family of Paduli, in particular, that of a few specific individuals:
Anna Maria Mazzeo was born 11 Jan 1814 in Paduli to Michel'Angelo Mazzeo and Maria Giovanna Minicozzi (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) Since Michel'Angelo and Maria Minicozzi were born in the 1780's, I don't expect anyone to find birth records for them — what I'm interested is instead death records, for Michel'Angelo and Anna Maria Mazzeo. (Tessa78 was kind enough to have already found Maria Giovanna Minicozzi's death record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) Anna Maria Mazzeo married Michelangelo Maria Rossetti and had a son named Gabriele — when Gabriele's daughter was born in 1867, (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) her birth record records Michelangelo as being alive, but nothing on Anna Maria Mazzeo.
The next is Alessandra Mazzeo, the wife of Michelangelo Rossetti and Anna Maria Mazzeo's grandson, Giuseppe Rossetti. My biggest roadblock is that I have nothing on her. No specific years, no set dates, no parent names, nothing. Alessandra Mazzeo had 5 children with Giuseppe Rossetti, and on every single one of their birth records, it doesn't mention her age, only Giuseppe's. When Giuseppe died in 1937, it said his wife was still alive. (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html) That's all I have on her. I've tried to find death records for all the children to have a more accurate range for when she could have died, but one emigrated to America so he didn't die in Italy, and the only one I've been able to find of the other 4 that stayed in the country is from 1934 (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) when we already know she was still alive. The fact there isn't a death record for her in FamilySearch's catalog of Benevento's civil records from 1810-1942 (https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... &count=100) leads me to believe she died after 1942, but a birth record isn't there either and she was obviously born after 1810, and even then "she died after 1942" isn't too helpful either.
I'm aware I'm asking for miracles here but if even a modicum of information can be discovered for either of these Mazzeo individuals, it would be a tremendous help.
This is a bit of a weird one, but here goes.
I'm looking for records concerning the Mazzeo family of Paduli, in particular, that of a few specific individuals:
Anna Maria Mazzeo was born 11 Jan 1814 in Paduli to Michel'Angelo Mazzeo and Maria Giovanna Minicozzi (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) Since Michel'Angelo and Maria Minicozzi were born in the 1780's, I don't expect anyone to find birth records for them — what I'm interested is instead death records, for Michel'Angelo and Anna Maria Mazzeo. (Tessa78 was kind enough to have already found Maria Giovanna Minicozzi's death record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) Anna Maria Mazzeo married Michelangelo Maria Rossetti and had a son named Gabriele — when Gabriele's daughter was born in 1867, (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) her birth record records Michelangelo as being alive, but nothing on Anna Maria Mazzeo.
The next is Alessandra Mazzeo, the wife of Michelangelo Rossetti and Anna Maria Mazzeo's grandson, Giuseppe Rossetti. My biggest roadblock is that I have nothing on her. No specific years, no set dates, no parent names, nothing. Alessandra Mazzeo had 5 children with Giuseppe Rossetti, and on every single one of their birth records, it doesn't mention her age, only Giuseppe's. When Giuseppe died in 1937, it said his wife was still alive. (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html) That's all I have on her. I've tried to find death records for all the children to have a more accurate range for when she could have died, but one emigrated to America so he didn't die in Italy, and the only one I've been able to find of the other 4 that stayed in the country is from 1934 (source: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) when we already know she was still alive. The fact there isn't a death record for her in FamilySearch's catalog of Benevento's civil records from 1810-1942 (https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... &count=100) leads me to believe she died after 1942, but a birth record isn't there either and she was obviously born after 1810, and even then "she died after 1942" isn't too helpful either.
I'm aware I'm asking for miracles here but if even a modicum of information can be discovered for either of these Mazzeo individuals, it would be a tremendous help.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
ADDENDUM:
As I mentioned, Alessandra Mazzeo had 5 children with Giuseppe Rossetti, whose birth records I will attach, they are
• Anna (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html)
• Tommasa (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html),
• Felice (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0)
• Pellegrino (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2.jpg.html)
• Caterina (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html).
As you can see, Alessandra Mazzeo's age isn't recorded on any of these records. Only one death record for any of these children has been found, Caterina, (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) who I have talked about in the paragraph above. Felice is the aforementioned child who emigrated to America. The death records for Tommasa, Pellegrino, and Caterina may well have Alessandra Mazzeo's age on them, but I haven't been able to find them.
As I mentioned, Alessandra Mazzeo had 5 children with Giuseppe Rossetti, whose birth records I will attach, they are
• Anna (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html)
• Tommasa (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html),
• Felice (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0)
• Pellegrino (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2.jpg.html)
• Caterina (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html).
As you can see, Alessandra Mazzeo's age isn't recorded on any of these records. Only one death record for any of these children has been found, Caterina, (http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0) who I have talked about in the paragraph above. Felice is the aforementioned child who emigrated to America. The death records for Tommasa, Pellegrino, and Caterina may well have Alessandra Mazzeo's age on them, but I haven't been able to find them.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
I haven't found anything on these people yet :C
I'd still very much appreciate help wherever it can be found!
I'd still very much appreciate help wherever it can be found!
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
I ask once again for assistance.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
For records after 1942, you would need to write directly to the Comune of Paduli, and even then there may be restrictions due to privacy laws. However, they may be able to locate a birth for if you can give a 5 year range of possibilities.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza XXV Luglio
82020 Paduli (BN)
ITALY
Write your request for her death act in Italian, and include YOUR photo ID and an email address so you can be reached.
Help with letter:
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter3.html
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... talrecords
It is unfortunate that the marriages before 1931 are not available. You would find more information in the marriages of the children. Notations of marriages are on several of the birth acts you posted.
Under separate cover, you can write to request those as well.
T.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza XXV Luglio
82020 Paduli (BN)
ITALY
Write your request for her death act in Italian, and include YOUR photo ID and an email address so you can be reached.
Help with letter:
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter3.html
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... talrecords
It is unfortunate that the marriages before 1931 are not available. You would find more information in the marriages of the children. Notations of marriages are on several of the birth acts you posted.
Under separate cover, you can write to request those as well.
T.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
Alrighty then, thanks Tess.Tessa78 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 18:41 For records after 1942, you would need to write directly to the Comune of Paduli, and even then there may be restrictions due to privacy laws. However, they may be able to locate a birth for if you can give a 5 year range of possibilities.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza XXV Luglio
82020 Paduli (BN)
ITALY
Write your request for her death act in Italian, and include YOUR photo ID and an email address so you can be reached.
Help with letter:
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter3.html
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... talrecords
It is unfortunate that the marriages before 1931 are not available. You would find more information in the marriages of the children. Notations of marriages are on several of the birth acts you posted.
Under separate cover, you can write to request those as well.
T.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
Well, it's been a while!
Found new things. Happened upon Alessandra Mazzeo's birth certificate: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html
Her father was Giuseppe and her mother was Margarita Cimino. She had two brothers named Carmine, the first of which apparently died less than a year after he was born. I'm more focused on finding stuff on the parents.
EDIT: Already got Cimino's birth cert: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0 Though, I need help reading the mother's maiden name. Might say "Truglia", but I'd appreciate a second opinion.
I'm looking for the father, but the documents I have produce either 1831 or 1834/35 as his birth year, and, of course, he is not listed in any birth directories in any of those years.
Found new things. Happened upon Alessandra Mazzeo's birth certificate: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html
Her father was Giuseppe and her mother was Margarita Cimino. She had two brothers named Carmine, the first of which apparently died less than a year after he was born. I'm more focused on finding stuff on the parents.
EDIT: Already got Cimino's birth cert: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0 Though, I need help reading the mother's maiden name. Might say "Truglia", but I'd appreciate a second opinion.
I'm looking for the father, but the documents I have produce either 1831 or 1834/35 as his birth year, and, of course, he is not listed in any birth directories in any of those years.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
Yes: Truglia
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
Grazie.
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
The birth record states Giuseppe Mazzeo, son of Carmine.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Giuseppe Mazzeo, born 9 Nov 1833 to parents Carmine Mazzeo, 50, and Lucrezia Bozzella, 36.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Giuseppe Mazzeo, born 9 Nov 1833 to parents Carmine Mazzeo, 50, and Lucrezia Bozzella, 36.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
The two were married 30 Oct 1856.
Giuseppe Mazzei, 23, son of Carmine Mazzeo (deceased) and Lucrezia Bozzella living in Paduli
Margarita Cimino, 19, daughter of Matteo Ciminio & Angela Truglia both living in Paduli
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Death of Carmine Mazzeo on 14 July 1837 age 55, husband of Lucrezia Bozzella, son of Bartolomeo Mazzeo and Giuseppa Maso, both deceased.
The two were married 30 Oct 1856.
Giuseppe Mazzei, 23, son of Carmine Mazzeo (deceased) and Lucrezia Bozzella living in Paduli
Margarita Cimino, 19, daughter of Matteo Ciminio & Angela Truglia both living in Paduli
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Death of Carmine Mazzeo on 14 July 1837 age 55, husband of Lucrezia Bozzella, son of Bartolomeo Mazzeo and Giuseppa Maso, both deceased.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Mazzeo — Paduli
Thanks so much.rlw254 wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 20:21 http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
The two were married 30 Oct 1856.
Giuseppe Mazzei, 23, son of Carmine Mazzeo (deceased) and Lucrezia Bozzella living in Paduli
Margarita Cimino, 19, daughter of Matteo Ciminio & Angela Truglia both living in Paduli
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Death of Carmine Mazzeo on 14 July 1837 age 55, husband of Lucrezia Bozzella, son of Bartolomeo Mazzeo and Giuseppa Maso, both deceased.

