Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
I am still looking but I saw that Pietro Marietta was born in Saint-Julien, France. Haven't confirmed it yet.
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
You may be right about Banche!
https://i.imgur.com/VUSn7gH.jpg
I couldn't add this as an attachment. Please let know if you cant open link.
https://i.imgur.com/VUSn7gH.jpg
I couldn't add this as an attachment. Please let know if you cant open link.
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
I found this on Joseph Marietta on is death certificate. Joseph is Maddalena's brother who passed in 1936. https://i.imgur.com/VUSn7gH.jpg
Listed as his mother is Mary Boncha!
Maddalena (my GG) was born in 1881. I think this is the same one!
Listed as his mother is Mary Boncha!
Maddalena (my GG) was born in 1881. I think this is the same one!
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
I had found it, as in my previous post, but, if we start from something that is given for sure, but isn't, we can't go far!rlw254 wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 23:25 This place looks like a headache![]()
On the findagrave page Maddalena's birth date is given as 17 Feb 1881. On this date in Coassolo there was a Maddalena Marietta-Aleina born to parents Giovanni Marietta-Aleina (son of deceased Giuseppe), age 48, and Maria Banche-Turniet instead of the mother Domenica Vietti.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
This calls into question the source of the father Giovanni's death in 1888 if he was alive for the 1889 marriage as well as the Vietti surname of the mother rather than Banche.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
True, however in this case there was already an established link between Maddalena and Giuseppe as siblings by the previously compiled family information which is confirmed by his marriage record in 1889. Initially we had the same amount of confirmation that they are siblings than we do that their mother's name is Vietti (i.e. we were told). With this we can at least say that they are certainly siblings but their mother's name is likely not Vietti. Combine this now with the death records provided above and I'm a bit more confident.PippoM wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 12:19 I had found it, as in my previous post, but, if we start from something that is given for sure, but isn't, we can't go far!
This doesn't rule out that Domenica Vietti was not truly a person connected to this family. Was she actually the mother or maybe a caretaker? Maria Banche would have been born around 1836 rather than 1844 provided for Domenica.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Quick note: there is a Maddelena Marietta (born 1870 – 1915) and Domenic Marietta (born 1871-1911) who were married and both had the last name of Marietta. (Domenic is my GG Maddalena’s brother.) There is a note on Ancestry.com that there Domenic and his wife, Maddelena, were first cousins. Their fathers were brothers. I don’t know if this has anything to do with what you found.
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Maddalena (my GG) and Giuseppe (Joseph Marietta) are brother-sister. https://i.imgur.com/2RLHwYe.jpg
Here is a newspaper article when he passed. Maddalena (my GG) is listed as Mrs. August Vanzo on the second section of this article.
Here is a newspaper article when he passed. Maddalena (my GG) is listed as Mrs. August Vanzo on the second section of this article.
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
HiHere are Madalena’s siblings all born in Italy:
Giuseppe (Joseph) Marietta 1862-1936
Stefano Marietta 1866-1910
Michael Marvin Marietta 1870-1947
Pietro Marietta 1876-1955
Theresa Marietta 1884-1962
Domenica (1844-1908) came to the States but Giovanni died close to the border of France. (1840 - @1888).
I have no names outside of the names listed here.
Researching those mountains communities where so many individuals share the same surnames and also the same names is often baffling but If you are sure of the above list there is one Stefano Marietta born in 1866 in Coassolo
whose father was a Giovanni born about 1840 and whose mother was a Domenica Vietti born about 1844
Stefano Marietta Aleina, son of Giovanni Marietta Aleina 26 and Domenica Vietti Niclot (spelling?) 22
born April 27
Giovanni's parents were Stefano and Margherita Niclotto
Domenica 's parents Giuseppe and Maddalena Vietti Michellina
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Yes, I am absolutely sure on the dates. the information you have is correct. There really are a lot who have the same surname. Anything you can find on this family is appreciated! Thank you!
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Just to make sure I have this correct - Giovanni's parents are Stefano Marietta Aleina and Margherita Niclotto. Domenica's parents are Giuseppe Vietti Michellina and Maddalena Vietti Michellina. (I had Cabodi appear as maiden name on my ancestry.) I am always unclear the order and whether it's the husband's name or not. Thank you!
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Hello
IF this Giovanni-Domenica couple is the right one their parents were:
Stefano Marietta - Aleina and Margherita Niclotto (a Coassolo surname also spelled Niclot)
Giuseppe Vietti-Niclot and Maddalena Vietti-Michellina
In Italian Stato Civile women are always recorded with their maiden name
Ciao
Paola
Ps Cabodi is also a Coassolo surname. In what part of your tree does Cabodi appear?
IF this Giovanni-Domenica couple is the right one their parents were:
Stefano Marietta - Aleina and Margherita Niclotto (a Coassolo surname also spelled Niclot)
Giuseppe Vietti-Niclot and Maddalena Vietti-Michellina
In Italian Stato Civile women are always recorded with their maiden name
Ciao
Paola
Ps Cabodi is also a Coassolo surname. In what part of your tree does Cabodi appear?
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
This is very helpful! I don’t know much about Cabodi but am interested in the connection with Savant, Marietta, and Vietti. There were a lot of them around my hometown. I am also interested in finding more about the parents, dates, and families. I would like to find more about Domenica Vietti and her siblings. There are some Viettis in and around my hometown and I'm curious if they are related. Thank you!
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
HiHere are Madalena’s siblings all born in Italy:
Giuseppe (Joseph) Marietta 1862-1936
Stefano Marietta 1866-1910
Michael Marvin Marietta 1870-1947
Pietro Marietta 1876-1955
Theresa Marietta 1884-1962
Domenica (1844-1908) came to the States but Giovanni died close to the border of France. (1840 - @1888).
I have no names outside of the names listed here
I think you are dealing with two different families
Giovanni Marietta Aleina (born about 1832) and Maria Banche (born about 1836) They are the parents of Giuseppe born 1862 (you can see it in his marriage and death records) and Maddalena born 1881.
Other children
Anna Marietta Aleina 21 Oct 1868 married Pietro Vigna 13 May 1889 inTorino
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
Maria Teresa Marietta Aleina 24 Aug 1871
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
Caterina Marietta Aleina 24 Oct 1874
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
Maria Maddalena Marietta Aleina 28 Jan- 1 Feb 1878
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
Then there is this other couple: Giovanni Marietta Aleina (born about 1840) and Domenica Vietti Niclot (born about 1844)
They are the parents of Stefano, born 1866. I they had other children, they were not born in Coassolo.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Can you tell me the other children listed for Domenica and Giovanni and where were they born? thanks!
Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Here is the birth of a daughter to this couple Giovanni Marietta-Aleina and Maria Banche.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
24 Aug 1871 Maria Teresa Marietta-Aleina
This one gives the grandparents' names. Giovanni Marietta-Aleina, 39, son of Giuseppe Marietta-Aleina (deceased) and Rosa Peretto-Griva (deceased). Maria Banche, 36, daughter of Giovanni Banche and Maria Calza (deceased).
My GG Madalena's sister, Theresa, was born 1884. I wonder if Giovanni Marietta was married twice or if I'm dealing with two separate families who both have a Giovanni Marietta - Aleina?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=970230
24 Aug 1871 Maria Teresa Marietta-Aleina
This one gives the grandparents' names. Giovanni Marietta-Aleina, 39, son of Giuseppe Marietta-Aleina (deceased) and Rosa Peretto-Griva (deceased). Maria Banche, 36, daughter of Giovanni Banche and Maria Calza (deceased).
My GG Madalena's sister, Theresa, was born 1884. I wonder if Giovanni Marietta was married twice or if I'm dealing with two separate families who both have a Giovanni Marietta - Aleina?


