Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Alaskamom68
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 07:00

Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Alaskamom68 »

I have her birth record and in the margins, it notes her death. Other than that I can find nothing on her. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adele Maddalena Deangeli
1878–1966
BIRTH 27 MAR 1878 • Ville di Panicale, Licciana Nardi, Massa-Carrara, Toscana, Italy
DEATH 6 JUL 1966 • Licciana, Massa-Carrara, Toscana, Italy
User avatar
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 154
Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 20:34

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by peonygirl »

Hi Alaska mom - I'm a bit rusty with my Italian as I did my ancestors back in 2016, but I know this feeling! I guessed that Adele would be about 20 when she married and searched in the Antenati db for her by using the name De Angelis as it is listed in the Antenati, under Roma, circa 1893 which would maker her about 20 years old. She married Constantino Carboni. Here is the link

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2.jpg.html

Hope this helps....Peonygirl
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by darkerhorse »

pennygirl,

I'm just curious, why did you search in Rome if she was born and died in Tuscany?
Alaskamom68
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 07:00

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Alaskamom68 »

Pennygirl,
Thank you for your help
I'm sorry, I do not read much Italian so I do have some questions.

Does it say who her parents are? Her father should be Lazaro DeAngeli ( this is the spelling of her their last name on every record I have) And her mother Pasquina Gaspari.

Why do you think this is Adele Maddalena Deangeli ? I'm wondering since I have born and passing aways in the same region and the spelling of the last name is slightly different.
Thank you
Traci
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Maddalena Adele Deangeli
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=519365

Look at this for wording scroll down on page

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/It ... anslations

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by darkerhorse »

I thought you wanted her marriage record.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by adelfio »

I just put birth record for reference you have the wrong husband
Marriage publication record of Giuseppe Comastri and Adele Maddalena De'Angeli
INDEX#12
1899 Oct 5th in the town of Licciana Nardi Giuseppe Comastri age 24 born in Licciana Nardi son of Pietro Comastri and deceased Caterina Gabrielli and Adele Maddalena De'Angeli age 21 born in Licciana Nardi daughter of Lazaro DeAngeli and Pasquina Gasprini

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043539


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Alaskamom68
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 07:00

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Alaskamom68 »

Thank you so much Marty! You're the best :)

Does it by any chance say if her father was still living or deceased at the time of their marriage? This would help solve a family mystery.

Also, I was wondering all of the records I see Deangeli is written out like I just did but many people try to correct me that it should be DeAngeli or De' Angeli is there a ways to know which way of writing it is the correct way?
Thank you again
Traci
cedrone
Master
Master
Posts: 627
Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 22:01

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by cedrone »

From the last link above to the publications act, there can be seen that both parents of Adele were deceased at that time (1899).
As to the correct form of the name, in these old acts it may vary.
Here it is written in the text DeAngeli (united as used in the US and NOT in Italy) while on the side of the act it's written Deangeli.
I would assume as correct the form used in the birth act (I did not see it).
At present time I'd say that the more usual form should be De Angeli (so if there are descendants in Italy, probably they are so).
Alaskamom68
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 07:00

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Alaskamom68 »

Thank you :)
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by adelfio »

Heres the marriage act which is different the marriage publication both were deceased at the time of 1899 Oct 5th

PK LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043539

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#17
1878 April 2nd

Death record of Pasquina Gasprini daughter of Giueseppe Gasprini and Maddelena ??????? married Lazaro De'Angeli

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043539

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Tessa78 »

Pasqua/Pasqualina's surname is Gaspari
Her father is deceased.
Mother's surname is Sarti.

T.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by adelfio »

Thank you T for your help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Can anyone help me find a marriage record for Adele Maddalena Deangeli

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 19:46 Thank you T for your help

Marty
Always a pleasure to team with you, Marty! :D

T.
Post Reply