?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce and Nuccia
Thanks for you kind words. I posted a pm to 'annasacchetti' and then I went into the link Nuccia gave and it seems that the date that's required is not within the 'years' I've ordered. I think the reason I couldnt find the post was because it seems it was not in the genealogy forum. But the offer still stands if you know of anyone needing information from the following 'films' from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Just let me know and I'll try to help.
Births: 1850-1857
Births: 1857-1865
Marriages: 1860-1879

ps Problem solved re FERENZO on Michelagelo's birth certificate. My cousin was in contact tonight and it seems that someone had written Ferenzo on the copy, as a suggestion to where Fiumerapido might be, before it was copied for me but it was not on the original one. Sorry about the mix up.
God Bless (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the lottery too :D
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Emmy,

Glad you cleared up the "Ferenzo" puzzle.

Hope your research in the films is fruitful & keep us posted.

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Everyone (I need help PLEASE)
What an afternoon I've had! The films came today and I 'dropped everything' and MADE the car go to the FamilyHistory Centre. The film with the marriage certificates wasnt showing Sant'Elia, The Commune was Roccad'Evandro, I had been looking for about 45 minutes before I realised this! Helpers there are good and finally found Sant'Elia at the end of the film but there is no record of my grandparents marriage (which was listed on Michelangelos as being July 1878) I checked the indexes on 1876,1877,1878 and 1879
Could the certificate perhaps still be there even if it is not on the index? I havent looked at any certifcates as yet.
I did find my grandfathers birth on the index but I couldnt find the certificate. On the index it said his fathers name was Domenico e ?ion(? could be either an F, G or T) It seems his mothers name was Maria antonia but on my grandfathers death certificate it says her name was Mary Gieoseppa.
I found my grandmothers birth on the index too and she was born in 1864. that would mean if they were married in 1878 she would have been only 14 could this be correct? I couldnt make out parents names I have 'copied' what the writing looked like and I'm going to try to add an attachment to this post but I hope you dont mind ,Joyce I've posted a copy of this to you on a private message in case the attachment doesnt work.
I want to ask something else about the films so I'll put it on another post.
Phew!! :roll: What a day!
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by nuccia »

Emmy,

I wish you would have photcopied the records you question! There are so many experinced people here (Not me though because I have a lot of trouble reading these things). Someone would have been able to translate them for you.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hello again to all my good kind helpful friends! :D
If only I could have brought the films back home with me! I am not very good at understanding the Italian writing (or speaking it either) Looking at the film of a birth registration I was a bit confused, could it be that the baptismal record has been filmed next to the birth registration?I wasnt even sure where to look for the surname. On the left hand page this is what was printed:
nel giorno anno
del mese alle nella casa
I take it this means the day, the year the month and the time and the place where born, then it goes on-
Lo stesso ha moltre dichiarato di dare al bambino il nome di -------
Le presentazione e dichiaratone anzi anzidela si e fatta alla presonze de ---
di professione ------di anni
regnicolo domiciliato, there is some more and at the end it says, testimoni intervenuti al preseate atto e da esso dichiarante
Is this a birth register document or a baptismal register ?

On the index of the births there is a number next to it e.g. 71 but when I went to the record 71 it seemed to be a completely different name. Do you just need to check each one separately. Where about on the record is the surname likely to appear, top, bottom, middle or just anywhere? Just like to be better prepared when I go back to the Centre.
Hope I havent tired you all out.
My best wishes to all and Thanks in advance!
Emmy
p.s. I just had a 'new knee' in January isn't it a pity they hadn't made it a 'new ME!
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
I cant photocopy the films at least I was told that when I ordered them but I was wondering if I took my digital camera in with me the next time I go if I'd be allowed to try to take a picture of the image on the screen? Dont know if this would work though
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

"eg. birth index # 71"

Just the # on the index.....goe to far right & should give the date of the birth...when go to that date in the recods.

This site has samples & translations for various orms of Italian vital records.


http://www.comunesofitaly.org/Links/RuthNerud.htm


Also, your center should have an Italian genealogical word guiide that you can buy (I think that theey cost $.150?), just to get the basic info off the record.

Hope this helps.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
many thanks for advice and for that link. I've just downloaded some forms and the handwriting one too will be a great help. I'm going to bed now with a cup of coffee and my newly printed out 'bedtime reading' Dont know what I would have done without everyones help.
God bless you all
Emmy
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
Hoping to go back to the centre tomorrow again ,its only open on a Tuesday and a Thursday from 10am to 4pm. If its a different person that is there I'll ask again about copying records onto a disc but I was definately told on the 'phone when I ordered the films that I wouldnt be able to get copies of the documents and that I would need to take the notes myself from the screen. Fingers crossed that I'll get the information on disc.
You're a gem Joyce Many thanks again,you really wont know just how much I appreciate this help- finally getting information after trying for almost 30years!
God Bless
Emmy
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by wldspirit »

You do not have to purchase the Italian
Genealogical Word List, it is available online
for free, you can use the option of next at
the botom of the page or by letter at the top........

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

wldspirit
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi wldspirit
Many thanks for that link. The'latin' translations will be helpful too maybe the further back I get, perhaps there will be a few latin words mixed in with the italian. I think I'll need to invest in a 'laptop' so I can take it to bed to do my studying. I'm really grateful for all this help- 'keeps all the grey cells active' -I hope! I'm really interested in this.
God Bless
Emmy

(Joyce, thanks for giving that info re the book that wldspirit has given me the link for.
Emmy)
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to help out..... :)

Speaking of laptops.........that's next on my wish list... :wink:

DeLisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Lisa,

Thanks for providing link to the word list! Didn't know it was online.....had to buy mine......but at the time, only $.50.



Emmy,

We're glad we can help out. The Latin word list will come in handy.....especially when you get into the marriage allegati (process papers). Does your comune films have these?........If you do run into trouble with translating...just post on forum and someone will help.

Happy hunting.



Lisa & Emmy,

I LOVE MY LAPTOP :!: :!: :) :)


Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
I haven't looked at any of marriage certificates yet I just checked the marriage index but my grandparents names were not listed on the index and the writing on the index was very clear, so I think I'll just have to check the actual certificates and see if I can spot their names. could there be a chance the certificate could be there even if its not on the index?

I dont know what you mean by the 'process papers'-'allegati - dont know what to look for? to see if its included in Sant'Elia commune.

Would it be ok to give a copy of the birth document with the translation on it to the Family History Centre- (I've printed one out from the link you gave me for my own use) for their future reference- or is it copyright?
(The people working there dont understand the Italian either)Just a thought that it maybe could give help to someone else, but I'll wait until you let me know if its ok to do this.
I've just been told today when I visited the hospital that I am on the waiting list to have my other knee replaced-sometime after September so No joking- I'm definately considering treating myself to a laptop! :D :D

Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Everyone,

Can someone provide Emmy with the Italian name from this link?

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8514/emmy5ec.jpg

Thanks,
Joyce



Emmy,

As for your question about not finding the marriage act for your grandparents on the index........check the indexs for the surnames....the first names you have maybe what they were known by & not their 1st or full names. :)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply