Salvatore and Carmine Forlano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
goriogal
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 Feb 2015, 15:15

Salvatore and Carmine Forlano

Post by goriogal »

I'm looking for any information on Salvatore or Carmine Forlano. They were both born in Altavilla Silentina in Salerno. Salvatore was born on 10 March 1894 and Carmine on 1 Feb 1897. Their mother was Carmela Forlano. I would like to know what became of them as they were only 16 and 13 when their mother immigrated to America - they did not go with her.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Salvatore and Carmine Forlano

Post by Italysearcher »

Maybe they couldn't afford the fare for everyone to go! Maybe they didn't pass the health check and couldn't go.
At that age they would have been considered adults, then 4 years later WW1 broke out. You should write to the town for their birth records it may have notations of marriage and/or death.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
goriogal
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 Feb 2015, 15:15

Re: Salvatore and Carmine Forlano

Post by goriogal »

Yes, thank you. I have both of their birth certificates and there are no death or marriage notes. I'm thinking that perhaps they were killed in WW1 but I'm not sure where to look for that information.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Salvatore and Carmine Forlano

Post by mmogno »

Write to the State Archives of Salerno to ask for the "Ruolo Matricolare" of Salvatore and Carmine.
as-sa.ricerche@beniculturali.it
http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... ispondenza

Anyway, they didn't die in World War I.
https://www.cadutigrandeguerra.it/CercaNome.aspx
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply