Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

I have been trying to find info on my GGGma, Rafaela Ferro who married Leonardo Mazza from Torre Del Greco. I know they lived in TG, but it was just discovered that Rafaela Ferro may been the sister to Florindo Ferro b 1853 - d 1925, a physician from Frattamaggiore. This seems likely, since my GGpa was named Florindo Mazza.

My cousin in Milan, suggested I contact the Municipality of Frattamaggiore to see if Leonardo Mazza and Rafaela Ferro married in Frattamaggiore. Can someone help me with how I go about doing this? Is it possible to do online? or does it have to be by mail?

Also does anyone know if the records for Frattamaggiore are available online

Thank you for your help.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by PippoM »

Hello, how are you?
Here is one Florinte Ferro born in 1853 in Frattamaggiore, but there are no marriage annotations:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

However, here are some records for Frattamaggiore, but only up to 1865:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... amaggiore/
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

Thanks so much Pippo.

I am doing okay, how are you and the family? Everyone staying healthy from the covid?
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

The record you posted for Florinte Ferro, would be my Great grandmother' brother. His name was Florindo Ferro and his birth date according to info I have read was 17 Sept 1853. I cant make out the date, but I do see that the month of birth was September. His parents were Francesco Ferro and Giovanna Spena, so this matches too! Can you tell me how old the parents were at his time of birth? I see Giovanna was 36? and Francesco 40? and his profession was cacopano? What is that?

Are you able to search these records by name? I would really like to find my great grandmother' birth record, and her siblings. I know there is a brother named Angelo Ferro, and her name is Rafaela.

Molte Grazie Eva
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by PippoM »

Oh, yes, we are fine, thank you!
Fiorindo was born on Sep 16, 1853.
His father was 40, and mother 36, as you could read by yourself.
Francesco was a "canaparo", an artisan who spinned and worked hemp. It was quite a humble work, at the time, and the fact that his son could become a physician shows that his family significantly raised their condition.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by PippoM »

Do you have an approximate date of birth for Raffaela?
I guess she married after 1865, so, her marriage record should not be available online.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

Raffaela had two older known sons before my great uncle Crescenzo was born in 1874. So my guess was she was married around 1870. Her birth year would be around 1845-1850?
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

And yes you are right that Francesco did well for himself in hemp rope making. I believe that is how my Rafaela met my GGgrandfather Leonardo Mazza. He was a coralline in Torre Del Greco and Francesco sold lots of ropes to the corraline and fisherman in the Amalfi coast.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

http://www.iststudiatell.org/rsc/annate ... _ferro.pdf

Interesting info about Dr Florindo Ferro
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by PippoM »

Unfortunately. it seems indexes are missing for those years, so you'd have to go thru the registers page by page.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by poliquie »

What years are the indexes in? Are they in the back of the book?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy

Post by PippoM »

I looked at the start, and in the back, and couldn't find them.
Maybe they are in the middle, but you should browse all the pages with the thumbs to do that.
I think you are expert enough to know, but, however, I'd tell you to notice the "graphical" difference between record thumbs and index thumbs (though they are so small).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply