Looking for my Tringali family in Augusta
-
buckstreet
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 16:45
Looking for my Tringali family in Augusta
Hello my name is Charlie Tringali. I am the son of a Salvatore Tringali. My grandparents Sabastiano (born 1892) and Sabastiana (Amara)(born 1899) were born in Augusta, Sicily. Although I have met several members of my grandmothers side (Amara). I have yet to meet anyone from my Tringali side. I know my grandfather had several brothers and sisters, names unknown? I am certain that some family members must still reside in the Augusta area. I do realize that the Tringali name is not uncommon in Augusta. I will be moving to Augusta early 2012 and will be there in October for 2 or 3 weeks. Any ideas on where I could look while in Augusta for archives that might fill in the holes in my family tree? Thank you Charlie
Re: Looking for my Tringali family in Augusta
There are currently 196 listings for the surname "Tringali" in Augusta, Sicily
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... dv=Augusta
Civil records are held at the town level
Address of the office of civil registrations... (births, death, marriages)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza D'Astorga, 10
96011 Augusta (SR)
ITALY
T.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... dv=Augusta
Civil records are held at the town level
Address of the office of civil registrations... (births, death, marriages)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza D'Astorga, 10
96011 Augusta (SR)
ITALY
T.
Re: Looking for my Tringali family in Augusta
Hi.
My grandfathers name was Salvatore Tringali and I believe he had a brother named Sebastiano, but someone who put together the information online said he was born in 1887. It shows he also had brothers named Carmelo (Carlo), Emmanuel, Anthony and a sister named Josephine. (This is not my information...only info that was found online while searching for my grandfathers family.) I don’t know if this is the same family, but might be worth looking into. Other names associated with these Tringali’s are Caruso, Serra and Ursino and settled mainly in north Florida.
My grandfathers name was Salvatore Tringali and I believe he had a brother named Sebastiano, but someone who put together the information online said he was born in 1887. It shows he also had brothers named Carmelo (Carlo), Emmanuel, Anthony and a sister named Josephine. (This is not my information...only info that was found online while searching for my grandfathers family.) I don’t know if this is the same family, but might be worth looking into. Other names associated with these Tringali’s are Caruso, Serra and Ursino and settled mainly in north Florida.
-
rmsholmes@gmail.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 22:03
Re: Looking for my Tringali family in Augusta
hello Charlie,
I have been researching the Tringali (and other surnames) in Augusta for many years. In my extended tree I do see Sebastiano Tringali and Sebastiana Amara. They married c1918 and had at least 5 children: Joe, Santo, Josephine, Salvatore/Sam (born c1925) and Margaret. Sebastiano was born 1892 to Giuseppe Tringali and Giuseppa Morello. Sebastiana Amara was born 1899 to Santi Amara and Domenica Noe. Sebastiano's brother Santo was the husband of Antonia Ternullo. Antonia Ternullo was the daughter of my great grandfather's sister.
Rose
I have been researching the Tringali (and other surnames) in Augusta for many years. In my extended tree I do see Sebastiano Tringali and Sebastiana Amara. They married c1918 and had at least 5 children: Joe, Santo, Josephine, Salvatore/Sam (born c1925) and Margaret. Sebastiano was born 1892 to Giuseppe Tringali and Giuseppa Morello. Sebastiana Amara was born 1899 to Santi Amara and Domenica Noe. Sebastiano's brother Santo was the husband of Antonia Ternullo. Antonia Ternullo was the daughter of my great grandfather's sister.
Rose
