Emigration To Argentina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
adinobile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Feb 2020, 17:37

Emigration To Argentina

Post by adinobile »

I am looking for the emigration record for a Luigi Ciolfi who emigrated from Italy to Argentina....He was born in 1872 in the town of Castropignano which was located in the Province of Campobasso in the region of Molise....Any help in obtaining this information would be great appreciated.... Luigi eventually married a Clementina Rizzi .
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by suanj »

Luigi CIOLFI born at home located in 49 Santa Maria delle Grazie st in Castropignano on 26 Jan 1872 son of Nunzio Carmine Antonio CIOLFI (son of late Luigi sr) 46 old, shoemaker, and of Maria Nicola GABRIELE, spinner, 21 old born in Ripalimosani, daughter of late Giuseppe and of Pasquala LUCIANI
click to enlarge http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adinobile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Feb 2020, 17:37

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by adinobile »

Thank You Suanji.... Sorry , the notification got buried in my E-Mail....l am trying to determine when Luigi left Italy to go to Argentina , so l am hoping to find a ship manifest .
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by suanj »

the only Luigi Ciolfi by CEMLA is more young and so cannot be your ancestor... or the age is wrong.. or the birthdate is wrong and your Luigi was born
CIOLFI LUIGI 22 C ITALIANA CAMPOBASSO AGRICULTOR 1924/07/16 DUCA DI AOSTA NAPOLES

However by familysearch, in various argentinian databases, nothing came up abt Luigi or Clementina... where you found the data.. are you sure that he was born on 1872?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by erudita74 »

Some towns kept track of the departures of their residents and have "liste embarchi. You might try emailing the Italian town.

e-mail: comune.castropignano@libero.it
adinobile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Feb 2020, 17:37

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by adinobile »

Thank You Erudita74 !....l will do that .
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Emigration To Argentina

Post by suanj »

I live no far from Castropignano and I know that don't exist similar records.. for bad luck... I believe that you never will have a reply... If you have some more detail for exemple the children if married in argentina or no, where he stayed in Argentina, etc etc.. maybe we can search better... and if you have some document , a proof that abt Luigi post here.. but abt passports or emigrations, I can assure that nothing in Castropignano.. but if you wish you can write..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply