Need Help Tracing Family Record in Casole d’Elsa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Lash83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Mar 2021, 08:11

Need Help Tracing Family Record in Casole d’Elsa

Post by Lash83 »

Hi all, I’m trying to find my my great-grandfather’s birth record and any other records available for him/his father and mother in Casole d’Elsa.

What I have to go on thus far is his name was Eusebio Cigna, born Sept 8, 1896 in Casole d’Elsa and his father was Raffaello and I believe his mother’s name was Rosa. He left out of Genova on the Europa for Ellis Island, landing Sept 23rd, 1912. I was able to see a copy of the passenger manifesto.

Hoping I can find records and official documentation as I am mapping my family tree but also I have been thinking of Italian citizenship through descent.

Any help tracking this down would be appreciated!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Need Help Tracing Family Record in Casole d’Elsa

Post by PippoM »

Civil records for Casole d'Elsa are here:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

but are only viewable at Family History Centers of the Mormon Church.
But, as you know his birth date, it might be easy to write to the Comune of Casole to request a birth certificate.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply