Hi - I have been told that I have a case for Jure Sanguinis that I am actively pursuing. All my English certificates need translating and apostille but I am not sure which way round this needs to go? Should I assume it needs an Apostille then followed by a translation of the document itself into Italian?
Do I also need a certificate to prove that the translation is genuine?
Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who has done their translation for them?
Thanks
Adam
I have all my documents in english, now what?
-
MrTurner92
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jan 2021, 23:19
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
Have you carefully reviewed your documents for errors and discrepancies? I would make sure any potential issues are rectified before spending money on apostilles and translations.
Also, contact your consulate for their particular requirements. I think some consulates only require apostilles and translations for italian-line vital records.
Also, contact your consulate for their particular requirements. I think some consulates only require apostilles and translations for italian-line vital records.
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
I used the translation services of Avepally at fiverr. Excellent. There are many others, I’m sure.
I sent the originals out for apostille and made copies to send to Avepally. By the time I received the apostilled documents, my translations were done.
No certificate was needed, and apostilles do not need translation.
I sent the originals out for apostille and made copies to send to Avepally. By the time I received the apostilled documents, my translations were done.
No certificate was needed, and apostilles do not need translation.
- ItalianTranslator
- Rookie

- Posts: 44
- Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 18:05
- Contact:
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
It depends on the consulate - Where are you going to apply? This will determine what records you will need to present, what should be translated and if there is any further step after the translation and prior to your appointment.MrTurner92 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 10:50
Do I also need a certificate to prove that the translation is genuine?
Paola
-
MrTurner92
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jan 2021, 23:19
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
Fantastic - I was pretty certain didn't need a certificate of the translation but just thought I would check and see if others have had this!mler wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 01:18 I used the translation services of Avepally at fiverr. Excellent. There are many others, I’m sure.
I sent the originals out for apostille and made copies to send to Avepally. By the time I received the apostilled documents, my translations were done.
No certificate was needed, and apostilles do not need translation.
Thanks!
-
MrTurner92
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jan 2021, 23:19
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
So I am going to be going through the consulate in Edinburgh Scotland. I know that you cannot book your appointment until you have all the ducks in a row so to speak. I need to get all paperwork ready before I can speak to them about booking an appointment.ItalianTranslator wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 01:34It depends on the consulate - Where are you going to apply? This will determine what records you will need to present, what should be translated and if there is any further step after the translation and prior to your appointment.MrTurner92 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 10:50
Do I also need a certificate to prove that the translation is genuine?
Paola
-
MrTurner92
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jan 2021, 23:19
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
So you just sent the copies for a translation - this is great to hear. I thought I would need to send the originals for copies to be made but sounds like I can cut down the time to get apostille and translations done.mler wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 01:18 I used the translation services of Avepally at fiverr. Excellent. There are many others, I’m sure.
I sent the originals out for apostille and made copies to send to Avepally. By the time I received the apostilled documents, my translations were done.
No certificate was needed, and apostilles do not need translation.
Did you have to have your translations done at a particular place? I seem to think Edinburgh consultate stating it needed to be from a trusted supplier list but not too sure how much of this is an actual requirement.
-
MrTurner92
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 15 Jan 2021, 23:19
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
So it will be the consulate in Edinburgh that I will be using. I have checked the documents and thankfully not one discrepancy - no dates or names are different right from the beginning. I think it is quite a rarity so feeling quite thankful. I need to obtain a letter that proves that my Italian line never sought to give up their Italian citizenship then this is everything done.qualdom wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:03 Have you carefully reviewed your documents for errors and discrepancies? I would make sure any potential issues are rectified before spending money on apostilles and translations.
Also, contact your consulate for their particular requirements. I think some consulates only require apostilles and translations for Italian-line vital records.
I think you are correct - from everything I have read it just says needs to be Italian line directly, but have heard of other consulates being difficult and asking for their spouses etc in the line too.
- ItalianTranslator
- Rookie

- Posts: 44
- Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 18:05
- Contact:
Re: I have all my documents in english, now what?
In Edinburg, you need to use a certified translator.
When I do certified translations for the UK, I adapt the template of the UK professional translator's association to which I belong. I never had any issue, nor with the two Italian consulates nor with the Home Office and others UK public institutions.
When I do certified translations for the UK, I adapt the template of the UK professional translator's association to which I belong. I never had any issue, nor with the two Italian consulates nor with the Home Office and others UK public institutions.

