Greetings,
I recently found the attached card in belongings while clearing out my husband's parents' home. Sadly, those parents have passed away so I can not get any answers to my questions and thought perhaps someone on Italian genealogy might have an idea about the card.
The card was addressed to my husband's mother. Family oral history spoke of her father being adopted. I am wondering if she donated money to this orphanage because this is where he might have lived before being adopted.
Does anyone know how to search records for children who were adopted? The man's name was Luigi Lorenzo (Laurenzo). On records here in the US his father is listed as Giacomo Lorenzo and his mother as Angela Zarrone. There are many years listed for his birth from 1965 to 1971 but always in April and born in Teano.
Others on Italiangenealogy have helped me search for him without avail so I am hoping that looking for his adoption but give me some new information. Thank you! DeMari
Adoption
Re: Adoption
This is a thanksgiving card for a received money offering for a female only orphanage institute near Messina-Sicily.
Could not be relate to her father orphanage institute he came from.
Pit
Could not be relate to her father orphanage institute he came from.
Pit
Re: Adoption
Thank you so much! Something I can get rid of as my husband has no family from Sicily. Would be interesting to know why money was sent but will let that go! I thank you for your help! DeMari
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Adoption
Don't get rid of it yet, there could be other orphans in the other line.
Easiest thing to do is write to Teano and request his birth EXTRACT, giving the range of years. Be sure to give your relationship.and send photo ID
Easiest thing to do is write to Teano and request his birth EXTRACT, giving the range of years. Be sure to give your relationship.and send photo ID
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Adoption
Thank you! Will definitely give it a try. I do have a company from Nova Scotia searching for his birth record. I used that company when I needed records for dual citizenship and they found the records I needed for the paternal side of the family. Again thank you! DeMari

