Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DebraRose wrote:Looking for my grandparents 1930 census in Bronx NY or any other information on Pasquale Carpentieri and Maddalena Casazza they came from San Giorgio ,La Mantagna, Italy or San Nazzaro. Pasquale was born Oct 27 1981 and Maddalena was born 1892 they lived in Bronx NY Their chidren were Carmela,Antoinette, Concetta, Giovanni' Mary Josephine Rosemarie, Their children were bapisted at Our lady of Pity Church on 278 East 151 St, Bronx New York,. thank you
DebraRose wrote:Hi I would like to know if anyone can help me found information on my great aunt. Mary Carpentieri(maiden name) born in 1908 father name is Pasquale Carpentieri , Mary married Antonio Barrasso born in 1899 died in 1967 she came from Benvento Italy, they finally moved to Islip, New York. I am trying to find the ship that they came over on or any information census miltary records anything I would aprreciate. thank you for your time.
Problem here is...
The information there does not match up with any of the new information you posted here today...
Name: Antonio Barrasso
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Napoli
Place of Origin: Italian
Ship Name: Minnekahda
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 22
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_2966
Page Number: 68
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: avellino
will try to link.
wldspirit
Did anyone notice the passenger's name on line 22?
Maybe I'm wrong.. but would like an opinion of the passenger on line 22...
Looks like Del Grosso Antonio to me..or something very similar. Doesn't look at all like Barrasso.....I'm sure you would like other opnions though so hopefully others can give theirs.
NOT line 22......but line 24..........
and yes Nuccia.....line 22 does look like Del Grosso, some of the type is....
shadowed? if that's the right word for it!!!
wldspirit
wldspirit wrote:Not line 22......but line 24.....sorry Esperanza.....
and yes Nuccia.....line 22 does look like Del Grosso, some of the type is....
shadowed? if that's the right word for it!!!
wldspirit
Not your fault...its ancestry's error. The line number is wrong but at least the manifest is correct, right? Impossible to transcribe this many images and not make an error. Good thing Esperanza caught it. Perhaps DebraRose might want to contact ancestry about making a correction. I have had to do this with several of my family already in the last few months.
wldspirit wrote:No problem..........I'm sure Esperanza is already on the trail!!!
wldspirit
Am hoping that DebraRose can provide us more detail first...
I read her other post about the Carpentieri family and thought it would be best to wait for her reply... no sense going on a trail that doesn't exist at this point...
The manifest image provided by the Ellis Island site is not as good as the same manifest image provided by FamilySearch. Once you have a name (assuming that it is indexed correctly) and an arrival date, you can work through Family Search to get the superior image.
If you are not already familiar with the Stephen Morse site, it is worth getting to know, as he has superior hacks (in a good way) for tracking down both immigration AND census info. I rarely use the actual Ellis Island site any more, as so much of it has been incorporated into Morse's work where the presentation is more user-friendly (at least to me). It also has a wealth of other stuff I haven't even looked into yet. I lucked out with some of his mapping (of old-time Belarus).