Having trouble with handwriting

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Tessa78 »

I do not see an age given for the mother. Her name looks like Nataligia/Natalisia Moccia.

T.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Awesome! Thanks T!!! The age of his mother doesn’t matter to much in actuality, familysearch’s database only goes back to 1801 for bagnoli del Trigno and when I called the ufficio anagrafe there they said they can only get records after 1860.

Thanks again! Until next time lol
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

I was able to get back to the center and find what I think to be correct certificates.

Felice (on the right of the two)
His father was Gaetano Lazzazara, which it looks like, and it has his age as 35?
HIs mother was Anastasia Cimaglia, again it looks like it in the hand written section, but age is hard to make out. Possibly 25? Is how I see it. I attached the register for 1819 and line 51 seems correct with the names of his parents, but as you may know and I have found out previously they don't always match to the order of the entry.


For the second one, Modestina Cimaglia, I think I'm grassing at straws hoping its it but am having trouble making it out. It looks like modestina Cimaglia under the name of the child, but the last name throwing me off. Her parents from her marriage certificate are listed as Maurizio and Barbara Mastrodonato. The year of the birth seems to be correct. On her marriage certificate it lists age of 22 in September 10, 1845, and on her daughter's birth certificate it lists her age as 24 in october 18, 1846. So the ages just match up as I read this certificate as October 17, 1822.

Any help on confirming/negating these would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brad
Attachments
felice2.png
modestina.png
1819register.png
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Tessa78 »

Brad19M wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 17:34 I was able to get back to the center and find what I think to be correct certificates.

Felice (on the right of the two)
His father was Gaetano Lazzazara, which it looks like, and it has his age as 35?
HIs mother was Anastasia Cimaglia, again it looks like it in the hand written section, but age is hard to make out. Possibly 25? Is how I see it. I attached the register for 1819 and line 51 seems correct with the names of his parents, but as you may know and I have found out previously they don't always match to the order of the entry.
You are correct with this information. He is 35, she is 25, both are farmers.


For the second one, Modestina Cimaglia, I think I'm grassing at straws hoping its it but am having trouble making it out. It looks like modestina Cimaglia under the name of the child, but the last name throwing me off. Her parents from her marriage certificate are listed as Maurizio and Barbara Mastrodonato. The year of the birth seems to be correct. On her marriage certificate it lists age of 22 in September 10, 1845, and on her daughter's birth certificate it lists her age as 24 in october 18, 1846. So the ages just match up as I read this certificate as October 17, 1822.
This record appears to me to be for the birth of Modestina Candela', daughter of Cosmo Candela', 35, and Carmina Di Luca, 31, his wife.

Any help on confirming/negating these would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

T.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Thanks T!
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

I am getting back into my tree, with Covid shut down and being an ICU nurse the last year has been not only stressful but havent been able to get into the family history center since its been limited access and time. Anyway, I am going back through my tree, since I am adding our 1 year old to it and realize I do not have a birth date for Felice. Well I know he was born 1819 on the 15th but can make out the month. The register and certificate look like the month is different but I am not sure. He is line 51 on the register. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
felice2.png
1819register.png
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there, welcome back, and thank you!!!!

The month is February.


Angela
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Thanks Angela!
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Been awhile since my last post or time in the family search center but getting back into my research as of late. I completed my great grandmother’s side back as far as I could to the 1790’s (records only go to 1800). Starting on my great Grandfather’s side now. I found his dad’s birth certificate. Can anyone help decipher some of the writing?

Pasquale Di Vita - born February 14, 1870
Dad: Giuseppe age 31 at Pasquale birth, but the second name I am having trouble with. To me, the first letter can be a V or possibly a N, so I’m thinking Vitale or Nicolò. My great grandfather had a half brother named Giuseppe Vitale Rossi, so I might just see that because of his name.
Mom: I can’t tell if the first letter, maybe R or B, and last name Ciarniello, age 29 at Pasquale birth.

Domenica Petracca born January 27 1876 in Bagnoli. Married Pasquale the 24th of ? in 1901. Based off the length of the month and what looks to be a z i’m thinking March.

Any help is greatly appreciated . Attached is a blown up copy of the portion with all the above.
Attachments
6C8E05A9-F42B-4366-9234-40D14A782362.png
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Tessa78 »

Brad19M wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 15:40 Been awhile since my last post or time in the family search center but getting back into my research as of late. I completed my great grandmother’s side back as far as I could to the 1790’s (records only go to 1800). Starting on my great Grandfather’s side now. I found his dad’s birth certificate. Can anyone help decipher some of the writing?

Pasquale Di Vita - born February 11, 1870@ 6pm. Presented on 14th
Dad: Giuseppe Nicola age 31 at Pasquale birth, but the second name I am having trouble with. To me, the first letter can be a V or possibly a N, so I’m thinking Vitale or Nicolò. My great grandfather had a half brother named Giuseppe Vitale Rossi, so I might just see that because of his name.
Mom: I can’t tell if the first letter, maybe R or B, Rosanna? and last name Ciarniello, age 29 at Pasquale birth. Yes

Domenica Petracca married with Pasquale on January 27 1896 in Bagnoli. The entry was made 24 September (7bre) 1901


Any help is greatly appreciated . Attached is a blown up copy of the portion with all the above.

T.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

T

Thank you so much. That makes more sense on the annotation.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

I was actually able to get almost all of my great grandpa’s side yesterday. It went a lot quicker than my great grandma’s lol. However, I am having trouble with the handwriting on four of the last names. I will post each of them in separate replies. Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

This first one is Giuseppe Nicola’s birth certificate, as well as the birth register for both Giuseppe and Agostina ( I found her birth register but wasn’t able to locate the certificate yet). Have her bday as 14 Maggio with parent (from the register). Need help with her last name, which also appears on the other attached docs:

-Her birth register (line 10: Giuseppe ? And ? (Mother’s first name) di Vita.
-Giuseppe Nicola and Rosanna Ciarniello marriage register (you were right T!) (line 27 Pasquale di Vita and Agostina ?)
-Giuseppe Nicola and Rosanna marriage certificate
- Giuseppe Nicola birth register(line 96)
- Giuseppe Nicola north certificate
Attachments
Giuseppe Nicola and Rosanna marriage register.png
Giuseppe Nicola Real marriage 1.png
Giuseppe Nicola birth.png
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Adding the last two attachments.
Attachments
agostina birth register.png
Giuseppe Nicola birth register.png
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Next, I have Rosanna Ciarniello’ mother. I have Emilia V? and dad as Vitale. Attached Rosanna birth, birth register and the first two attachments in the previous of Rosanna and Giuseppe marriage and marriage register.
Attachments
Rosanna Ciarniello birth register.png
Rosanna Ciarniello birth.png
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Next, is Angiolo Petracca’s Mom. Have included Angiolo’ birth certificate, birth register (line 101), and Angiolo and Maria Giuseppa Lazazzera marriage (bottom right on first attached and top left continues on second attachment. I see his mom as Domenica B? and she was 35 years old at time of his birth.
Attachments
Angiolo Petracca Marriage.png
angiolo petracca marriage 1.png
Angiolo Petracca birth.png
Post Reply