more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
floweret
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 04:31

more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by floweret »

Hey again! I appreciate the info that both rlw254 and Tessa78 gave me! I hope it is okay for me to post in here asking for more insight. <3


Okay, so this is what I got so far:
Bio Mother-Virginia Cerossimo
Maternal Grandmother- Elizabeth Cerossimo
Maternal Great-Grandparents- Joseph and Vincenza*Virginia*(Jacabacci) Cerossimo
Maternal 2nd Great Grandparents(Joseph's Parents)Salvatore & Vincenza*Virginia*(LaMaratei)Cersosimo
Virginia Jacabacci's Parents'- Bridget Francisco(??) & Albert Jacabacci

Regarding Virginia Jacabacci's parents: I can't confirm if her mother was Bridget Francisco, I only have a 1930 Census to go by! It does say her name was Bridget, but I can't find nothing else on Virginia+Bridget+Albert Jacabacci. on Gene world, it does mention Virginia(Jacabacci) had a brother Dominic, he was married to a Rose and they named their son Albert, too.(That Albert later married a Winnie and had a son and daughter named... Albert and Winnie. :shock:) So I am so confused! Another confusing thing is, I found a Social Security Index that mentions there was a "Catherine *Virginia* Jacabacci" in the household that also goes by "Virginia" But the census I have mentions Virginia(Jacabacci) had a sister named Catherine, so I'm puzzled at that one. Any info where I can go from here would mean so much to me. Is there anything else out there for Albert Jacabacci and Bridget Francisco and Virginia Jacabacci?

Regarding Vincenza*Virginia*(LaMaratei) I am pretty at a dead end here. I don't know anything about Salvatore Cersosimo, either :( I am trying not to give up hope. I am guessing her last name is possibly spelled different, but I don't have a birthday, so I can't find anything on here. Any help? I would love to know. My desire to know is so great. As an adoptee, this is my past, they are part who I am and I can't stop wondering about things!


I welcome other members to share anything if they have family members with the last name Jacabacci/Iacabacci & Cerossimo/Cersosimo. :)

I hope everyone is staying safe. Lots of love and hope for all of you! Thank you!!
User avatar
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite
Posts: 498
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
Location: Cocoa, Florida

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi - Here is a Salvatore Cerossimo, age 79, on the 1940 Bronx census:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AKQM7-YV1

Salvatore is listed as the father of the head of the household, Joseph Cerossimo, age 36.

Also, there are no current instances of the surname "Cerossimo" in Italy, but there are two instances of "Cerosimo":

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... RRY4S1h1qs

And there are quite a few instances of " Cersosimo":

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... RRZnC1h1qs
floweret
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 04:31

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by floweret »

thank you joetucciarone for the info on the last name! i noticed the same thing about the last name in mymy search on other family tree websites like ancestry, familysearch and my myheritage! the other *cersosimo* spell it unlike my mom's *cerososimo*! i may need to encourage my bio mother to order her birth certificate. it is driving me crazy that the last name is different! hahaha! thanks again! i appreciate it greatly!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by PippoM »

I don't know if you can see this without a subscription:

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... Id=6627950

However, it is the naturalization document of one Salvatore Cersosimo, born in Cassano on Jun 29th, 1862, husband of Vincenza (born in Corleone on Sep 8th, 1873, maiden name not mentioned), and father of Antonietta (1897), Annunziata (1900), Joseph (1904), Frank (1910)

If you can't see it, I can try to upload it to a file sharing site, or send it to you via a PM
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by rlw254 »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2WGB-F21
Vincenza's death 13 June 1937 gives parents' names as Joseph (Giuseppe) 'Lamarda' and Rose Lemone

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2CF-QLMW
'Lamaratei' here

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24QV-ZKT
'Lamaieto' here

I would prefer to see the handwriting for these.

Salvatore's naturalization that I shared with you in your last post indicates his wife was from Corleone and born 8 Sept 1873. The scan quality of the records in this town is not very good. The only surnames in this town even close to the above are 'la Mantia' and 'la Maritata', both of which are not particularly common.

This one was a battle but I think this is her:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=485628
#391 Vincenza la Maritata born 7 Sept 1869 in Corleone to parents Giuseppe la Maritata, 41, and Rosa Milone, 41

Now looking for her parents' marriage. They had a daughter named Carmela on 12? Aug 1851 (site error, cannot currently access the record) so it was at least before that. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2.jpg.html third from bottom, right side. Maybe the site will cooperate in the morning.

Records in Cassano all'Ionio for the time period you need are restricted to LDS family history centers. I might drop by my local one tomorrow, I can search for Salvatore if I do. Will also look at the Iacobacci side tomorrow.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by rlw254 »

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 8.jpg.html
#129 Marriage 2 Nov 1850
Giuseppe la Maritata, 22, son of Carmelo la Maritata (60) & Arcangela Palazzo (deceased)
Rosa Milone, 22, daughter of Vincenzo Milone (deceased) & Maria Catania? (48)
The description of the supplements on the next page tells you that the bride's grandfather was named Tommaso Milone.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
More site errors - here is the index showing Giuseppe la Maritata born 3 Jan 1828
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
floweret
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 04:31

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by floweret »

omg you guys!!! i have tears in my eyes. i cannot thank you enough for all of this.

PippoM--feel free to send this pm. thank you! all of this helps a lot! my bio mother was in foster care her whole life so she doesn't know much about her family either, so i can't wait to share this info with her, too. thank you so so so much!

rlw254-omg vincenza' parents?! you are magical, thank you!! it would mean the world to me if you can find anything at Cassano all'Ionio, thank you so much!!! i wish i could give something to you in return for all the info, so far! do you accept internet hugs?! <3 seriously, though. wow my mind is blown. i feel so lucky!! thank you!
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by rlw254 »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=485628
#40 Rosa Milone died 5 Feb 1892 in Corleone age 64 born in Palermo (not Corleone) daughter of Vincenzo Milone & Maria Costantino (both deceased), widow of Giuseppe la Maritata.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Birth index in Palermo doesn't show Rosa but does show a sibling of hers born to Vincenzo Milone & Maria Costantino named Giuseppa on 17 July 1825

There are a lot of missing death records between 1869-1892 and I did not see Giuseppe's so you might be out of luck with his exact death record.

If you have a subscription to ancestry.com there seems to be someone with a username sleuth533 who keeps a tree there called 'LaMaritate-Mastrangelo' that might overlap a bit with yours.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by rlw254 »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2446-95C
Iacobacci/Francesco marriage in New York 28 June 1915 gives Brigida's parents' names as Pellegrino Francesco & Luisa 'Sargina' and Albert's parents as Domenico and Vincenza Maria

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Brigida Francesca born 13 May 1898 in Sant'Angelo a Cupolo to parents Pellegrino Francesca, 28, and Luigia Sarracino (daughter of Giuseppe), 26. Pellegrino was living in Pastene up the road.

Luigia = Luisa and Sarracino will sound a little like Sargina

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Alberigo Maria Lorenzo Beniamino Iacobacci born 23 Mar 1889 in Sant'Angelo a Cupolo to parents Domenico Iacobacci, 29, and Vincenza Marino (daughter of Angelo), 24

Digital availability for anything earlier than this in Sant'Angelo a Cupolo is not great.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by rlw254 »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=556377
Salvatore Cersosimo born 28 June 1862 in Cassano all'Ionio to parents Giuseppe Cersosimo, 40, and Annunziata Guerrera

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=556377
Marriage 5 Feb 1846 Cassano all'Ionio
Giuseppe Cersosimo, 23, born in Lauropoli, son of Alessandro Cersosimo (deceased) & Giuseppina Oliva (deceased)
Nunziata Guerrieri, 17, born in Lauropoli, daughter of Biase Guerrieri (deceased) & Maria Antonia Forastiere

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=556377
Giuseppe Cersosimo born 14 June 1823 to parents Alessandro Cersosimo, 32, and Giuseppina Oliva

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=556377
Nunziata Guerrera born 29 Nov 1829 to parents Biase Guerrera, 28, and Maria Antonia Forastiere

I can send the digital versions of these if desired since they are locked to LDS centers, send me a PM.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
floweret
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 04:31

Re: more info desired on Iacabacci/Cersosimo

Post by floweret »

you are INCREDIBLE!!! thank you!! i will send you a pm now :)
Post Reply