Hi,
I am attempting to trace either the birth, death or marriage record for Cherobino Benassi from Molazzana, Lucca.
Ultimately I am trying to identify his mother's name.
I think he was born in or around 1834 and died after 1910.
He was married in the 1850s or early 1860s to Maria Morganti.
I was hoping the 1834 birth records for Molazzana might be available on this website (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/) but I can't find them. I also thought there may be an 1841 census for Molazzana, but I also can't find that. Does anyone know if these records are listed pehaps under a different name?
I have tried contacting the comune re the death record but have received no response.
The family may have lived in either Brucciano or Montaltissimo within Molazzana.
Does anyone have any other advice?
Thank you,
Michael
Cherobino Benassi - Molazzana, Lucca - Brucciano/Montaltissimo
- MichaelSerchio
- Rookie

- Posts: 88
- Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Cherobino Benassi - Molazzana, Lucca - Brucciano/Montaltissimo
Hi Michael - here are the records for Molazzana, but they only span the years 1808 to 1812:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... Molazzana/
Good luck,
Joe
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... Molazzana/
Good luck,
Joe
- MichaelSerchio
- Rookie

- Posts: 88
- Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Cherobino Benassi - Molazzana, Lucca - Brucciano/Montaltissimo
Thanks Joe, I'm afraid 1808-1812 won't help me with my query.
I was hoping the later records would be available but may be listed under a different town?
I was hoping the later records would be available but may be listed under a different town?
Re: Cherobino Benassi - Molazzana, Lucca - Brucciano/Montaltissimo
The records for years ~1834 and 1850-1865 must be requested from the parish of Brucciano.
Parrocchia Indirizzo Frazione Comune Provincia Cap Parrocchiani Diocesi
S. Sisto Ii Papa e Martire Brucciano Brucciano Molazzana Lucca 55020 38 Lucca
Parish priest: Lovi Emiliano
n. Lucca 13.01.1960 - o. 02.04.1989
Parroco di Bolognana - Cardoso - Calomini - Brucciano
Via della Chiesa, 4 - Bolognana - 55027 Gallicano
tel e fax 0583 708415 - cell 348 774 8377
e mail donemiliano@alice.it
Birth record for Angelo Ferdinando Benassi. #49
Date of birth: July 20,1868
Place: Bucciano
Father: Cherubino Benassi, son of Stefano, 34 yo.
Mother: Margherita Morganti, 31 yo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=836270
Parrocchia Indirizzo Frazione Comune Provincia Cap Parrocchiani Diocesi
S. Sisto Ii Papa e Martire Brucciano Brucciano Molazzana Lucca 55020 38 Lucca
Parish priest: Lovi Emiliano
n. Lucca 13.01.1960 - o. 02.04.1989
Parroco di Bolognana - Cardoso - Calomini - Brucciano
Via della Chiesa, 4 - Bolognana - 55027 Gallicano
tel e fax 0583 708415 - cell 348 774 8377
e mail donemiliano@alice.it
Birth record for Angelo Ferdinando Benassi. #49
Date of birth: July 20,1868
Place: Bucciano
Father: Cherubino Benassi, son of Stefano, 34 yo.
Mother: Margherita Morganti, 31 yo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=836270
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
