Località Vernengo
Località Vernengo
Per cortesia, qualcuno è in grado di identificare la località indicata su questo atto di morte del comune di Torino?
Io leggo "Vernengo Monf." (=Monferrato?), ma non ho trovato nessun comune o ex-comune con un nome simile.
Grazie.
Io leggo "Vernengo Monf." (=Monferrato?), ma non ho trovato nessun comune o ex-comune con un nome simile.
Grazie.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Località Vernengo
Cedrone, can you post the complete record, please.
Angela
Angela
Re: Località Vernengo
Salve Angela.
I wrote in Italian, supposing there could reply someone in Italy.
It is not an act on Family Search, it's of 1935, I received it from the Comune, I'll write again to ask them.
I don't know if I can post all the act, I'll try, but the other parts can be read well, only the place of birth I don't know what could be.
Also the wife, cited on that act, is a mistery, not found the birth act, nor the death act.
I wrote in Italian, supposing there could reply someone in Italy.
It is not an act on Family Search, it's of 1935, I received it from the Comune, I'll write again to ask them.
I don't know if I can post all the act, I'll try, but the other parts can be read well, only the place of birth I don't know what could be.
Also the wife, cited on that act, is a mistery, not found the birth act, nor the death act.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Località Vernengo
Thank you for posting the death record, cedrone.
I’m basically seeing what you are seeing, except I’m not convinced that the name of the town ends with an “o”. I know that the name Vernengo is a surname and it seems to be in both the North and the South of Italia. I’m wondering whether what is written may be an error and that the town of birth may have been Verolengo? Just a suggestion.
Re Carlo Battaglia’s wife. I recognised the surname as soon as I saw it because when I was a child, in the town I grew up, there was a Camporini family from the North. Anyways, I decided to follow up on Aida Camporini and I located a tree on Family Search for her, which gives her birth as circa 1877 in Italia, and her date of death, 2 December 1952, in Torino. Her parents were Alessandro Domenico Camporini and Luigia Maspero – does this sound correct to you? I’m never too sure about the trees that appear on line, especially when the civil records are not included. Husband is Carlo Battaglia, town of birth not given (of course!). His death record is included as a source. It appears they lived in Santa Fe, Argentina and possibily had a child there and then returned to Italia where they completed their family??? There are photos and other sources. I hope this is the right family.
I'll see what else I can find.
Angela
I’m basically seeing what you are seeing, except I’m not convinced that the name of the town ends with an “o”. I know that the name Vernengo is a surname and it seems to be in both the North and the South of Italia. I’m wondering whether what is written may be an error and that the town of birth may have been Verolengo? Just a suggestion.
Re Carlo Battaglia’s wife. I recognised the surname as soon as I saw it because when I was a child, in the town I grew up, there was a Camporini family from the North. Anyways, I decided to follow up on Aida Camporini and I located a tree on Family Search for her, which gives her birth as circa 1877 in Italia, and her date of death, 2 December 1952, in Torino. Her parents were Alessandro Domenico Camporini and Luigia Maspero – does this sound correct to you? I’m never too sure about the trees that appear on line, especially when the civil records are not included. Husband is Carlo Battaglia, town of birth not given (of course!). His death record is included as a source. It appears they lived in Santa Fe, Argentina and possibily had a child there and then returned to Italia where they completed their family??? There are photos and other sources. I hope this is the right family.
I'll see what else I can find.
Angela
Re: Località Vernengo
Thank you for your help.
How you thought to Verolengo?
Yes, I agree it could be that comune, it is in the area called Monferrato, perhaps the official did not know the correct name, the registers of Verolengo are on Family Search, but from a quick search on the index around 1871, I didn't find that name.
I'll try to ask again tbe comune, but I don't think they will read something else.
How you thought to Verolengo?
Yes, I agree it could be that comune, it is in the area called Monferrato, perhaps the official did not know the correct name, the registers of Verolengo are on Family Search, but from a quick search on the index around 1871, I didn't find that name.
I'll try to ask again tbe comune, but I don't think they will read something else.
Re: Località Vernengo
Yes, it is that family on the tree, I'm trying to help some descendants to find more info on that couple, they say Aida was born in Camerlata, now part of my town, Como, but I didn't find in the registers.
They knew only the name of her husband and that they came back from Argentina and lived in Torino.
In fact, I found their obituaries on newspapers of Torino, so I asked the Comune and they sent me that death act of Carlo Battaglia, but didn't find that of Aida. So I conclude that, after the husband's death, she left Torino and died in another town, probably not very far.
I'll continue the search.
Thank you again for your help.
They knew only the name of her husband and that they came back from Argentina and lived in Torino.
In fact, I found their obituaries on newspapers of Torino, so I asked the Comune and they sent me that death act of Carlo Battaglia, but didn't find that of Aida. So I conclude that, after the husband's death, she left Torino and died in another town, probably not very far.
I'll continue the search.
Thank you again for your help.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Località Vernengo
@ cedrone
You are very welcome for the help. I'm glad it was the correct family.
I have located the following two records pertaining to Aida's parents:
Pubblication No 2: Alessandro Domenico Camporini and Luigia Maspero:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=826606
It looks like Aida’s father, Alessandro, was born in Camerlata but the mother was born in Bernate, and of course they were married in Bernate.
Here is their 1876 marriage record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=826606
At the time of marriage Alessandro was living in his birth town Camerlata, which is probably where they set up home and where Aida was born, as your friends have suggested to you. I hope this info helps further
Later I will look at other trees - there seems to be several related to this family - to see what can be gleaned. My thinking is that for them to have been so specific about Aida's death date being "2 December 1952" then there must be a death record or at least an obit somewhere, which includes this info, and hopefully the place of her death.
Angela
You are very welcome for the help. I'm glad it was the correct family.
I have located the following two records pertaining to Aida's parents:
Pubblication No 2: Alessandro Domenico Camporini and Luigia Maspero:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=826606
It looks like Aida’s father, Alessandro, was born in Camerlata but the mother was born in Bernate, and of course they were married in Bernate.
Here is their 1876 marriage record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=826606
At the time of marriage Alessandro was living in his birth town Camerlata, which is probably where they set up home and where Aida was born, as your friends have suggested to you. I hope this info helps further
Later I will look at other trees - there seems to be several related to this family - to see what can be gleaned. My thinking is that for them to have been so specific about Aida's death date being "2 December 1952" then there must be a death record or at least an obit somewhere, which includes this info, and hopefully the place of her death.
Angela
Re: Località Vernengo
Yes, Angela, we have already found these acts, they are in the sources on the tree on Family Sources, don't stay to look about other people, now they look for the birth act of Aida, I didn't find in Camerlata, I'll look again, and her death act and then the acts of Carlo Battaglia.
Yes, they had the death date of Aida, they put it in the Ricordi, I found it also in a newspaper (perhaps the Comune didn't look carefully?). I could ask also to the parish in Torino, but I don't know what kind of Registration they made for a funeral.
Yes, they had the death date of Aida, they put it in the Ricordi, I found it also in a newspaper (perhaps the Comune didn't look carefully?). I could ask also to the parish in Torino, but I don't know what kind of Registration they made for a funeral.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Località Vernengo
cedrone wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:30 Yes, Angela, we have already found these acts, they are in the sources on the tree on Family Sources, don't stay to look about other people, now they look for the birth act of Aida, I didn't find in Camerlata, I'll look again, and her death act and then the acts of Carlo Battaglia.
Yes, they had the death date of Aida, they put it in the Ricordi, I found it also in a newspaper (perhaps the Comune didn't look carefully?). I could ask also to the parish in Torino, but I don't know what kind of Registration they made for a funeral.
Yes, I realised that both records were included amongst the sources, later, after I went back to take another a look at the tree. I'd previously seen just the date and the town they were married so followed up on that. Ho hum. I also looked in Camerlata for Aida's birth act but didn't see it there. I looked from 1876 (just in case) and a few years after that. I also saw the lovely little card with Aida's date of death, and from the card I'm understanding she died in Torino. I won't look any further as we are doubling efforts, and you would also have much better access to relevant records at your end. All the best with this.
Angela
Re: Località Vernengo
Thank you again for your help.
I looked for Aida's birth also in Bernate, but there is not.
If I find something, I'll inform you.
I looked for Aida's birth also in Bernate, but there is not.
If I find something, I'll inform you.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Località Vernengo
cedrone wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 01:37 Thank you again for your help.
I looked for Aida's birth also in Bernate, but there is not.
If I find something, I'll inform you.
My pleasure, except I don’t feel I’ve achieved a lot. It would be good to confirm whether Carlo Battaglia was born in Verolengo. Are you able to write to the Province and request his military record, which should include his birth details (although I think you only have an estimation of his year of birth, from his death record?)
(I also had searched for Aida’s birth record - on two different films? I’d read her parents married in “Casnate con Bernate” and so looked for her birth record amongst those records. Then, when I also couldn’t find her parents' marriage record, on that film, I found a different film which contained records for “Bernate” where I located her parents’ marriage records. I then looked through “Bernate” birth records, and, like you, was unable to locate Aida’s birth record there. So, not born in Camerlata and not born in Bernate. Either she was born elsewhere or her parents didn’t register her birth, for whatever reason.)
(So she was definitely born in Italia and not en route to Argentina?)
All the best with this, cedrone.
Re: Località Vernengo
Thank you for your interest.
I'll try to write also to the parish of the funeral.
As to Aida I'm beginning to think that perhaps she was born in Argentina.
I'll ask again to the descendants, I think they didn't find when the family arrived.
I'll try to write also to the parish of the funeral.
As to Aida I'm beginning to think that perhaps she was born in Argentina.
I'll ask again to the descendants, I think they didn't find when the family arrived.
Re: Località Vernengo
Casnate con Bernate is the 'new' name after the fusion of the two different comuni existing at that time, Casnate and Bernate.