Looking for birth and marriage records for Onofrio DiNucci, Campobasso
-
Carolinalaska
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 08 Nov 2021, 04:52
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Contact:
Looking for birth and marriage records for Onofrio DiNucci, Campobasso
Hello all, I am new to this forum. My family are looking for birth and marriage records for Onofrio DiNucci, possibly born in Campobasso in 1881, but more likely in Civitanova del Sannio, Isernia, Molise. His Ellis Island arrival record favors the second location. He married Mariana Devincenza (or DiVincenzo), born in Italy, 1880 or 1881. He and his wife both emigrated to Fall River, MA. Family Search has the record of his arrival, and a census record from Fall River, 1930, but no birth or marriage records, which I assume are in Italy. I would appreciate any suggestions of where to look for the records we need. Thanks!
-
Carolinalaska
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 08 Nov 2021, 04:52
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Contact:
Re: Looking for birth and marriage records for Onofrio DiNucci, Campobasso
Here is an update. I was able to locate both Onofrio and his wife on separate ships into Ellis Island, and I found Onofrio's birth record in the online Italian civil archives. However, his wife Mariana De (or Di) Vincenzo gives her birthplace as Doronia, and there are no separate records for that commune on antenati as far as I can tell. I found what looked like a reference to her in a birth index for Molise (2 May 1882, register #12, ordonné #42), but there is no corresponding record in any Molise births book that I can find. They were also married in Duronia, so I am not optimistic about finding a marriage record. Is this a task for the professionals? Duronia seems to be a records black hole.
-
Carolinalaska
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 08 Nov 2021, 04:52
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Contact:
Re: Looking for birth and marriage records for Onofrio DiNucci, Campobasso
Second update in case there is help out there. I have found Mariana De Vincenzo's birth certificate. Now the only missing piece is the marriage record for her and her spouse Onofrio DiNucci. I cannot find online records of matrimony in Duronia past 1899, and the couple do not appear in the indices for the last few years of the 19th century. Does anyone know where or if the Duronia marriage records for 1900 - 1906 might be found online?
I would also appreciate any suggestions on how best to correspond with the civil officials of Civitanova del Sannio and of Duronia in order to get certified copies of the documents I have located. Thanks!
I would also appreciate any suggestions on how best to correspond with the civil officials of Civitanova del Sannio and of Duronia in order to get certified copies of the documents I have located. Thanks!