Piatretra, Italy
-
EmeraldDove
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 17 Nov 2021, 16:04
Piatretra, Italy
Hello All,
I am looking for any information about this Italian town, if any.
This is listed on several of my ancestor's obituaries as the town they were born in...
Piatretra, Italy
Exact Spelling. I cannot find it doing any normal searches.... All help is apprecieated
The closest I can find it Pietrasanta, which I feel is not correct.
I am looking for any information about this Italian town, if any.
This is listed on several of my ancestor's obituaries as the town they were born in...
Piatretra, Italy
Exact Spelling. I cannot find it doing any normal searches.... All help is apprecieated
The closest I can find it Pietrasanta, which I feel is not correct.
Re: Piatretra, Italy
If you provide us with some surnames and dates for your ancestors, that might help us narrow down the correct spelling of their town of origin
Erudita
Erudita
- joetucciarone
- Elite

- Posts: 498
- Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 22:28
- Location: Cocoa, Florida
Re: Piatretra, Italy
I've searched the Internet Culturale site and found no references to the word "Piatretra." Like Erudita said, if you can post surnames, that would help. Also, any other pertinent information on the obituaries would help. Which newspaper(s) carried the obituaries? In my experience, the information in obituaries usually comes from the children (or grandchildren) of the deceased, who sometimes provide incorrect spellings of surnames and places.
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Also, if you can post the records with this info for us to examine that would be a huge help.
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Piatrotia?
Piantonia?
Piantonia?
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Piatretra, Italy
The surname might be Lalli.
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Possibilities?
Village of Piateda, Comune of Piateda, Sondrio Province (Lombardia)
Village of Piateda Alta, Comune of Piateda, Sondrio Province (Lombardia)
T.
Village of Piateda, Comune of Piateda, Sondrio Province (Lombardia)
Village of Piateda Alta, Comune of Piateda, Sondrio Province (Lombardia)
T.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Any Lalli families in those villages?
- MarcuccioV
- Master

- Posts: 1903
- Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
- Location: West Hills, CA USA
Re: Piatretra, Italy
"Lalli" is most common to Molise. There is a commune in SE Molise called 'Pietracatella', one in NW Molise named 'Pietrabbondando' and one near Campbasso called Campodipietra.
It's possible one of these was combined from 2 smaller communes or simply renamed. It could also be a frazione of a larger city or commune...
It's possible one of these was combined from 2 smaller communes or simply renamed. It could also be a frazione of a larger city or commune...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Piatretra, Italy
There's another topic where he confirms the surname I suspected because of this record I found.
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Hi,MarcuccioV wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 17:32 "Lalli" is most common to Molise. There is a commune in SE Molise called 'Pietracatella', one in NW Molise named 'Pietrabbondando' and one near Campbasso called Campodipietra.
It's possible one of these was combined from 2 smaller communes or simply renamed. It could also be a frazione of a larger city or commune...
yes Lalli is a surname of my region especially, Molise, and it is also present in neighboring regions, so I saw a family tree on ancestry.com that puts a completely wrong birthplace. Another problem that I encounter in this research is that Antonio Lalli himself declares two different dates of birth: one of April 12, 1894 and one May 17, 1895 ( WWII draft registration card).
Sorry abt italian language in the following record
Nome: Antonio Lalli
Età al momento della residenza: 40
Data di nascita: 12 Apr 1894
Luogo di nascita: Italy (Italia)
Data di residenza: 24 Apr 1934
Luogo di residenza: Union Furnace, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
and by obit:
Nome: Anthony B. Lalli
Sesso: Male (Maschio)
Età al decesso: 92
Data nascita: 17 May 1893 (17 mag 1893)
Luogo di nascita: Piatretia, Italy
Data matrimonio: 24 apr 1919
Luogo del matrimonio: Huntingdon
Luogo di residenza: Petersburg RD 1
Data decesso: 5 Jun 1985 (5 giu 1985)
Luogo del decesso: Hollidaysburg
Luogo di sepoltura: Petersburg
Data del necrologio: 6 Jun 1985 (6 giu 1985)
Luogo necrologio: Tyrone, Pennsylvania, USA (Stati Uniti)
Quotidiano: Tyrone Daily Herald
Genitori: Joseph Lalli; Josephine Lalli
Coniuge:
W. Price
Figlio/a:
Josephine Whitsel
Betty Gardner
Joseph Lalli
Frank Lalli
Roy Lalli
Delores Keppler
born on 1893?
to find the birthplace... Pietra...? No easy... better to find the arrival before to search in Italy..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Piatretra, Italy
The father first name was Joseph and the mother first name was Mary

https://i.postimg.cc/sXStNMk7/41744-242 ... -03693.jpg
suanj

https://i.postimg.cc/sXStNMk7/41744-242 ... -03693.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Piatretra, Italy
I believe that I found... Antonio LALLI was born, second my reasearch, in Pietralta hamlet of VALLE CASTELLANA, TERAMO, IT
Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj
Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
EmeraldDove
- Newbie

- Posts: 7
- Joined: 17 Nov 2021, 16:04
Re: Piatretra, Italy
Here is a few docs that I have. Will attach the obituary and look through comments
