Lustra birth records?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
KTGbgr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Jan 2022, 03:47

Lustra birth records?

Post by KTGbgr »

I'm new at trying to find records in Italy sitting here in Maine.
I need to find my grandparents' birth certificates.
Grandfather was born in Lustra in 1886, Grandmother in Perito in 1891.
Anticipating they may not be available, are there any other proofs of birth that I can submit for a jure sanguinis citizenship? Are pages from the Atti Di Nascita ledgers adequate?

Grazie!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Lustra birth records?

Post by suanj »

I think they are available, but in any case, if they are not, having the answer from the registry office of both municipalities, then you can request, in substitution of the Extract of the birth certificate, the certified baptism certificat by the Curia, as well as signed by the parish priest.
Are pages from the Atti Di Nascita ledgers adequate?
No. If the baptism certificate cannot be relayed for some reason, maybe the Consulate can accept certified copies with tax stamp by Director of provincial Archive of Salerno, because in the archive of Salerno the atti di Nascita are preserved. .
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply