(SAN) Sistema Archivistico Nazionale
(SAN) Sistema Archivistico Nazionale
Hello Everyone, just wondering whether anyone knows anything about navigating SAN to find italian records. I have visited the website but am confused about how to locate any information. Any advice or steps on how to do research would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. Josephine
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: (SAN) Sistema Archivistico Nazionale
S A N (Sistema Archivistico Nazionale) is a National website listing the various Archives and their contents of their members.
A sort of card catalog. In alphabetical order. Not easy to navigate especially if you don’t speak/read Italian. I find the mindset to be very different also. They organize things differently to what I am used to so finding things is complicated.
Under the tab ‘I nostril portale’ are links with the Archives who they partner with. There are only 13 of which Antenati is one. Firenze is supposed to be also a member but isn’t listed on this page.
It’s a very useful site for these researching for their thesis or books they are writing but for the Family History researcher it will have little use until you need to flesh out the history with historical detail.
A sort of card catalog. In alphabetical order. Not easy to navigate especially if you don’t speak/read Italian. I find the mindset to be very different also. They organize things differently to what I am used to so finding things is complicated.
Under the tab ‘I nostril portale’ are links with the Archives who they partner with. There are only 13 of which Antenati is one. Firenze is supposed to be also a member but isn’t listed on this page.
It’s a very useful site for these researching for their thesis or books they are writing but for the Family History researcher it will have little use until you need to flesh out the history with historical detail.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
