help finding birth certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
gooch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2021, 20:34

help finding birth certificate

Post by gooch »

Hi,

I am searching for a birth certificate for my great-grandfather Michele Di Petrillo.

He was born in Roccamonfina, in the Province of Caserta, Campania.

According to a draft registration record, his birthday was listed as January 1, 1876, but it is believed the day is an estimate, but the year 1876 is more likely correct.

Parents names were Antonio Di Petrillo and Violanda Tabellerio, spellings as best as I can make out from handwritten info i've seen.

Your help and time is appreciated.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: help finding birth certificate

Post by suanj »

two Michele DI PETRILLO, born both in Roccamonfina, are listed for italian military service:
one born on 14 sept 1878 and one born on 3 may 1880.. no parent's names availables, just the birthdate and birthplace..
https://www.ascaserta.beniculturali.it/ ... /defgh.pdf
abt Roccamonfina no civil records on line after 1865
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
gooch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2021, 20:34

Re: help finding birth certificate

Post by gooch »

Thank you very much! This is great and really helps. I really appreciate your time and help.
gooch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2021, 20:34

Re: help finding birth certificate

Post by gooch »

I have heard back from the town hall who looked in the years of 1876, 1878, and 1880 and they replied with an official statement that no record was found.

Any idea on how to proceed or any profession help or researchers that someone can recommend? A birth certificate or church baptism may work as a requirement for dual citizenship, so someone that can possible assist with church searches also? thank you.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: help finding birth certificate

Post by suanj »

Hi,
this is the list of men born in the province of Caserta in those years. As you can read there are 2 Michele born on the dates I told you and both born in Roccamonfina.
Since these data for the enrollment in the military service were provided directly by the Civil record Offices of the Municipalities in Caserta province, so Roccamnfina provided these names. Now I don't know what they answered and what you asked them. If the parents' names are wrong, misspelled, obviously the answer is no. But that these two Michele Di Petrillo were born in Roccamonfina is beyond doubt. Unfortunately I cannot search because there are no births online after 1865

Image


https://i.postimg.cc/fbZ6wN0Q/di-petrillo.png
best regards.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: help finding birth certificate

Post by suanj »

The maiden name of Michele's mother is Tabellario no Tabellerio. If your Michele went in USA before of to make the military service... his name is no in the list.. because this list is abt the enrolled men...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply