Hello all / Ciao Tutti,
I am looking for the marriage certificate/record for Giovanni Celletti (187x-193x) and Marianna Fratini (1880-1908).
I believe it should have taken place around 1898-1902 based on the birth of their first child. Possible places Cagli, Foligno, Pergola or other nearby towns.
I tried many sites but could not find anything. Any tip or help is welcome!
Thank you
Searching a marriage certificate
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Searching a marriage certificate
Death Record No 217: Marianna Fratini, wife of Giovanni Celletti, daughter of Pietro Fratini, a day labourer, and of Santa Paolini.
Died in Cagli on 18 October 1908. She was 28 yo (c.1880), residing in Cagli but born in Pergola (so that is where the marriage generally would’ve taken place – those records don’t seem to have been filmed).
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=757992
Do you know where husband Giovanni Celletti was born? I looked through the marriage banns in Cagli just in case he was born there but I didn’t see any evidence of the surname Celletti.
Also, can you post the link to their son’s birth record.
Angela
Died in Cagli on 18 October 1908. She was 28 yo (c.1880), residing in Cagli but born in Pergola (so that is where the marriage generally would’ve taken place – those records don’t seem to have been filmed).
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=757992
Do you know where husband Giovanni Celletti was born? I looked through the marriage banns in Cagli just in case he was born there but I didn’t see any evidence of the surname Celletti.
Also, can you post the link to their son’s birth record.
Angela
-
Celletti63
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 23 Jun 2019, 20:36
Re: Searching a marriage certificate
Thank you Angela,
I did not know that a wedding would take place in the bride’s hometown. Since Pergola does not have any records online, I will try to reach out to the city and see if I get somewhere with this.
I do not know where Giovanni was born. I know that after his wife death he took his children to Foligno were they grew up.
I know that there are several Celletti in Foligno. One of them(Natalino 1915-2012) that was close to my grand-father and was born in Foligno. I believe that they were cousins, however I could not find evidence of it online.
Giovanni’s son my grand father was born in Cagli on March 29, 1908. Giovanni is reporting to be 31 at the time of his birth which put his own birth date around 1977 (+/-). But since I do not know his birth place , I cannot really go any further.
Once again, Thank you for any help or suggestion that you could offer taht would allow me to move my research further.
Larry
I did not know that a wedding would take place in the bride’s hometown. Since Pergola does not have any records online, I will try to reach out to the city and see if I get somewhere with this.
I do not know where Giovanni was born. I know that after his wife death he took his children to Foligno were they grew up.
I know that there are several Celletti in Foligno. One of them(Natalino 1915-2012) that was close to my grand-father and was born in Foligno. I believe that they were cousins, however I could not find evidence of it online.
Giovanni’s son my grand father was born in Cagli on March 29, 1908. Giovanni is reporting to be 31 at the time of his birth which put his own birth date around 1977 (+/-). But since I do not know his birth place , I cannot really go any further.
Once again, Thank you for any help or suggestion that you could offer taht would allow me to move my research further.
Larry
Re: Searching a marriage certificate
Hi abt Natalino Celletti, by public genealogic tree:
Born in Foligno on 13 mag 1913. Natalino Celletti passed away on 15 feb 2002 in Foligno.
Born in Foligno on 13 mag 1913. Natalino Celletti passed away on 15 feb 2002 in Foligno.
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Searching a marriage certificate
Well I found two marriages in Foligno, one abt Arduino CELLETTI on 1905 #27 born in Campello, Perugia, IT, and residing in Vescia, Perugia, IT, son of Luigi residing in Vescia, Perugia, IT and of Natalina ALCIDI residing in Vescia, Perugia, IT
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043831
Giuseppe CELLETTI married on 1909 #3 born in Trevi, Perugia, IT., son of late Luigi residing when alive in Valtopina, Perugia, IT, and son of Natalina ALCIDI residing when alive in Vescia, Perugia, IT
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043831
so I believe that Giuseppe was the brother of these two brothers and he could be born in one of above mentioned hamlet like Vescia, hamlet of Foligno or towns like Trevi, Campello and Valtopina..
regards,
suanj
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043831
Giuseppe CELLETTI married on 1909 #3 born in Trevi, Perugia, IT., son of late Luigi residing when alive in Valtopina, Perugia, IT, and son of Natalina ALCIDI residing when alive in Vescia, Perugia, IT
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043831
so I believe that Giuseppe was the brother of these two brothers and he could be born in one of above mentioned hamlet like Vescia, hamlet of Foligno or towns like Trevi, Campello and Valtopina..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
-
Celletti63
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 23 Jun 2019, 20:36
Re: Searching a marriage certificate
Thank you very much for your help Suanj!
