Can someone tell me what A.G.P. means on a death record. I see it after the words figlio di (child of).
Could it meam orphan. Thank you for whatever you can tell me. Mike
death record
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: death record
A.G.P. is an abbreviation for Ave Gratia Plena. I would say the deceased was a foundling. Can you post the record/s please.
Angela
Angela
Re: death record
Thank you so much. Enclosed is the copy of the record. Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: death record
Thank you for posting the record. Unfortunately I can barely read it because when I try and zoom in it goes out of focus. I would say she was a child that was abandoned at the wheel. I believe the correct spelling of her given name was Fortunata. Fortunata (meaning lucky) and similar names were often given to abandoned children. The surname Esposito (meaning exposed) was also a name given to abandoned children, especially in Naples area, which I believe this record is from I can't read the name of the actual town. If you google A.G.P. or Ave Gratia Plena and add the name of the town, there may have been a foundling home that went by this name, or possibly a church..
Angela
Angela
Re: death record
Thank you once again. Sorry the record was blurry, I am sure you find this often. The town she came from was Somma Vesuviano. Again I thank you for the interesting info. Mike
Re: death record
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: death record
Thank you for the clearer record. Mike
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: death record
@mmognommogno wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 16:45 @AngelaGrace56
https://librarylabs.ed.ac.uk/iiif/uv/?m ... 911%2C1330
Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately, for some reason, I have not been able to view your link. The little square in the middle just keeps going round and round, and takes me nowhere. But, not all is lost, because now that I know the town is Somma Vesuviana, I have been able to view the record at Family Search.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: death record
oompah wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 15:46 Thank you once again. Sorry the record was blurry, I am sure you find this often. The town she came from was Somma Vesuviano. Again I thank you for the interesting info. Mike
Happy to help, and yes, we do often have problems with images posted going out of focus when we zoom in. That is why we prefer links to the online record, which are much easier to work with. Thanks for letting me know the name of the town. I just had a quick search and there is a building/place named Ave Gratia Plena in Somma Vesuviano but it doesn't really give its history.
Angela

