As of today, the 1950 census is available, but downloads in PNG which can't be uploaded to Ancestry.com. How do I get it to be JPEG initially? Otherwise, If I save the original PNG, I can re-save it a second time in JPEG, then delete the original PNB photo. Would rather avoid those two extra steps. Here's a link:
https://1950census.archives.gov/search/ ... 1&state=NY
Ron
1950 Census Images in PNG
Re: 1950 Census Images in PNG
Ron
Try searching through the NARA website. I can't believe how easy it is, and the images can be saved as jpgs in the resolution of your choosing. I can't believe how fast I am finding things.
https://1950census.archives.gov/search/
Erudita
Try searching through the NARA website. I can't believe how easy it is, and the images can be saved as jpgs in the resolution of your choosing. I can't believe how fast I am finding things.
https://1950census.archives.gov/search/
Erudita
Re: 1950 Census Images in PNG
That's where I did search. Every time it came up PNG and I saw no way to change it when I right clicked and chose "Save as". I click by the down arrow on the PNG, and all it showed was "All Files".
Another problem - it often saves only part of the page instead of the whole page.
Another problem - it often saves only part of the page instead of the whole page.
Re: 1950 Census Images in PNG
Ron
Even if you have the image enlarged, click on download. Then you get an option for whole image with various pixel sizes. I've been just selecting the first option. The images are clear even if you then enlarge them. Once you select the pixel option, your image is then automatically converted to a jpg. I don't get any option for a png image.
Erudita
Even if you have the image enlarged, click on download. Then you get an option for whole image with various pixel sizes. I've been just selecting the first option. The images are clear even if you then enlarge them. Once you select the pixel option, your image is then automatically converted to a jpg. I don't get any option for a png image.
Erudita
Re: 1950 Census Images in PNG
Figured it out, after not at first finding Download from your reply - You have to click on the 3 vertical dots first, before you get the Download option.Thanks.
Ron
Ron
