Vittorio Veneto 1800s
Vittorio Veneto 1800s
Does anyone know where I could find online vital records for the Vittorio Veneto region during the 1800s; or if they even exist? I am looking for the Costella and Campagna families. Thank you.
Re: Vittorio Veneto 1800s
vittorio Veneto is a comune (town) in the Province of Treviso, in the Veneto Region.
A few records from late 1800s available on Familysearch.org at this link
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1947831
For instance, here in the 10 year index of deaths in Vittorio Veneto (1883-1892) there are several listings for Costella.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947831
T.
A few records from late 1800s available on Familysearch.org at this link
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1947831
For instance, here in the 10 year index of deaths in Vittorio Veneto (1883-1892) there are several listings for Costella.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947831
T.
Re: Vittorio Veneto 1800s
Which years of the 1800s are you particularly interested in?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Vittorio Veneto 1800s
I am looking for my great grandfather's birth record from 1867 and hoping that I can follow the trail from there. Thank you for your help so far.
Re: Vittorio Veneto 1800s
This territory that was in the Regno Lombardo-Veneto (part of the Austrian Empire) was given on 19 October 1866 to France that gave it to Italy, but it took some years before the new registers began to be used.
So until 1870 you should look for the church registers, asking the parish of your interest (if you know it).
You may also try to ask the Archivio di Stato of Venezia, for a search of the name in the 'liste di leva', where there are birth date and parent's names, but in Venezia I don't know if they search, without knowing already some more details.
So until 1870 you should look for the church registers, asking the parish of your interest (if you know it).
You may also try to ask the Archivio di Stato of Venezia, for a search of the name in the 'liste di leva', where there are birth date and parent's names, but in Venezia I don't know if they search, without knowing already some more details.

