Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
tomassid
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 50
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 16:00

Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records

Post by tomassid »

My 3x great grandfather, Generoso Perullo, brought my great grandmother to America in 1907 to join her father here in Pgh. He then seemed to disappear off the grid. Can't find him in the cemeteries here in Pgh, he is not on any US census, no passports records on NARA that I can find, I can't find him coming back to America so birds of passage don't apply here. Thinking he returned to Italy so I checked the death records thru to the 1940's in Italy on both his hometown and birth town, nothing. I really need emigration records or Italian census which I believe is virtually impossible to get, any ideas would be helpful.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records

Post by Italysearcher »

You didn't provide any additional info.(place of birth, name of 3x GGrandmother but a search at Family Search brought up all kinds of records for Generoso Perullo in Pittsburgh (not sure if Pgh is Pittsburgh) including a ship manifest for 1907, census records, naturalization etc..
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
tomassid
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 50
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 16:00

Re: Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records

Post by tomassid »

I'm sorry to just have seen your reply. Generoso Perullo had a grandson with the same name, who was born in 1895 in Castelpetroso, Molise and came to the USA in 1906 with his mother, Lucia Renna. He also lived in Pittsburgh his whole life, though he went by Tom so you might see some records for him in Pittsburgh. The Generoso Perullo I'm looking for, the grandfather, was born in 1836 in Ospedalleto d'Alpino, Avellino and he brought my great grandmother, Filomena Perullo, to the USA in 1907. Then he went off the grid.
Post Reply