Call for Arms to All de J/Iudicibus

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
dejudicibus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 03 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Call for Arms to All de J/Iudicibus

Post by dejudicibus »

For the past 30 years, I have been carrying out a genealogical research that began 60 years ago with my grandfather and later with my father. Since then I have collected thousands of documents on as many personalities who have been part of my family and I have summarized the results of my research on our family site:

https://genealogia.dejudicibus.it

The most striking thing is that while I have not had great difficulty in reconstructing our family tree starting from the tenth century, I instead find it difficult to connect those sub-branches of the family that since the nineteenth century and in the first half of the twentieth century they emigrated to the USA and Australia from Italy.

Obviously, thanks to searches in newspapers, on the arrival registers of ships from Italy, funeral announcements and American censuses, I have managed to identify a certain number of people, but I have difficulty connecting them to each other in a single tree. I tried to contact someone from my family in the US but never got a reply.

So I appeal to all de Judicibus, aka de Iudicibus, Deiudicibus, Deuidicibus, De Yudicibus, Judicibus, in USA and Australia: give me a hand. If we manage to connect you to any of your Italian ancestors, at that point you can go back in time a dozen centuries and thus discover our ancient origins. On the site there are two main branches: the Tyrrhenian one, from the 10th to the 18th century and the Adriatic one, from the 14th to today.

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply