Carmina Piccirillo
Carmina Piccirillo
I am searching for my great-grandmother. I have all of the information for her husband, Antimo deSimone, but I am having very little luck finding her records and her parents' records. She was born 19 February, 1886 to Tommaso and Domenica (Fera) in Teano, Caserta, Campania, she left Italy in 1901 (possibly with her parents) and down through the generations we were told she was either a Contessa or Principesa who had to renounce her title when she married beneath her station. Any help finding her records or confirming her status would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, Lisa
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
There are a lot of missing indices in Teano between 1870-1890 so unfortunately I think your best bet for this one might involve going page-by-page for some of the years in this range to see if you can locate any marriage, birth, or death records that include her parents' names. From my quick glance through the available indices, it seems like many people with the surname Piccirillo/Peccerillo were living in the village Carbonara a bit outside of Teano. That being said, it might also be useful to check some of the other comune immediately surrounding Teano like Tuoro. I don't have time to look right now but I can check it out later.
I did find this death record for a Biagio Peccerillo, 18 months old, son of Filippo & Michelina Fera. Often I see siblings from two families that married each other.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
I did find this death record for a Biagio Peccerillo, 18 months old, son of Filippo & Michelina Fera. Often I see siblings from two families that married each other.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
I have a bit more time to look now, I found this:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Angelo Peccerillo born 27 Jan 1902 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 40, and Domenica Fera
Now we have a better starting point, I will look for more.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Antonio Peccerillo born 14 Aug 1904 to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 43, and Domenica Fera
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Angelo Peccerillo born 27 Jan 1902 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 40, and Domenica Fera
Now we have a better starting point, I will look for more.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Antonio Peccerillo born 14 Aug 1904 to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 43, and Domenica Fera
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Thank you so much! What a find! Lisa
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Could someone take a look at this birth record? I can't read any of it, but I see "Peccerillo" in it. Thanks!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Rosa Peccerillo born on 9 Feb 1887 to parents Serafino Peccerillo, 36, and Cecilia Picozzi
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Thanks! Still looking for Carmina...
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Found the marriage of her parents. It was actually held in the comune Caianello. I looked here because it was the next closest comune to Carbonara where Tommaso and family seemed to be living at the time.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 77NX?i=929
18 Nov 1886
Tommaso Piccerillo, 26, born in Teano, son of Biagio (deceased) & Domenica Cerillo
Domenica Fera, 22, born in Caianello, daughter of Francesco & Angela Rossa
Still no birth for Carmina here. If they were married 18 Nov 1886, either the birth date you have for her is incorrect or she was born out of wedlock. In this case, she may have a birth record registered under a different name or a delayed registration.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 77NX?i=929
18 Nov 1886
Tommaso Piccerillo, 26, born in Teano, son of Biagio (deceased) & Domenica Cerillo
Domenica Fera, 22, born in Caianello, daughter of Francesco & Angela Rossa
Still no birth for Carmina here. If they were married 18 Nov 1886, either the birth date you have for her is incorrect or she was born out of wedlock. In this case, she may have a birth record registered under a different name or a delayed registration.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Biagio Peccerillo died 21 July 1875 in Teano, age 52, son of Pasquale Peccerillo & Anna Camparone (both deceased), husband of Domenica Perillo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42081
Francesco Fera died 18 Jan 1905 in Caianello, age 65, son of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano, husband of Angela Rossi
Biagio Peccerillo died 21 July 1875 in Teano, age 52, son of Pasquale Peccerillo & Anna Camparone (both deceased), husband of Domenica Perillo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42081
Francesco Fera died 18 Jan 1905 in Caianello, age 65, son of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano, husband of Angela Rossi
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Biagio Peccerillo born 5 Aug 1887 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Annotation for marriage in 1914 in Caianello to Concetta Biasucci
And finally:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Carmina Peccerillo born 21 Feb 1890 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Just had to search page-by-page for a few years.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Andrea Peccerillo born 11 July 1892 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Tommaso's profession through most of these records is 'guardiano', likely some sort of watchman, and Domenica is a contadina, farmer. They were most likely not noble, at least in that generation.
Biagio Peccerillo born 5 Aug 1887 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Annotation for marriage in 1914 in Caianello to Concetta Biasucci
And finally:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Carmina Peccerillo born 21 Feb 1890 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Just had to search page-by-page for a few years.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... &cat=42047
Andrea Peccerillo born 11 July 1892 in Teano to parents Tommaso Peccerillo, 30, and Domenica Fera
Tommaso's profession through most of these records is 'guardiano', likely some sort of watchman, and Domenica is a contadina, farmer. They were most likely not noble, at least in that generation.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 46/wld7mDw
Tommaso Peccerillo born 21 Jan 1860 in Carbonara (Teano) to parents Biagio Peccerillo (son of living Pasquale), 30, and Domenica Perillo, 28
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 86/0neOrZ5
Domenica Fera born 4 Dec 1864 in Caianello to parents Francesco Fera (son of living Antonio), 38, and Angela Rossa, 40
I found the 1833 marriage of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano but I'm realizing I may have given you the wrong 1905 death record for Francesco Fera. Francesco's age on Domenica's birth record actually gives his approximate birth date around 1826, rather than the date of 1840 from the 1905 death record. There may be two couples with the same names. I will try to look more into it.
Tommaso Peccerillo born 21 Jan 1860 in Carbonara (Teano) to parents Biagio Peccerillo (son of living Pasquale), 30, and Domenica Perillo, 28
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 86/0neOrZ5
Domenica Fera born 4 Dec 1864 in Caianello to parents Francesco Fera (son of living Antonio), 38, and Angela Rossa, 40
I found the 1833 marriage of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano but I'm realizing I may have given you the wrong 1905 death record for Francesco Fera. Francesco's age on Domenica's birth record actually gives his approximate birth date around 1826, rather than the date of 1840 from the 1905 death record. There may be two couples with the same names. I will try to look more into it.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 74/0383RRw
9 Mar 1851 Marriage
Biagio Peccerillo, 30, born in Carbonara (Teano), son of Pasquale Peccerillo & Anna Camparone
Domenica Perillo, 21, daughter of Antonio Perillo (deceased) & Sinfarosa Terranova (?, living with her husband)
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 87/5x9b3l0
21 May 1863 Marriage
Francesco Fera, 37, born in Caianello, son of Antonio Fera & Angela Cipriano
Angela Rossi, 25, born in Versano, daughter of Carmine Rossi & Lucrezia d'Andrea
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 06/Lmzn8a5
Biagio Peccerillo born 3 Feb 1821 to parents Pasquale Peccerillo, 22, and Angela Camparone, 23
According to the birth document provided by the 1863 processetti for his marriage, Francesco Fera was actually born in 1835 and was not 37 at the time as claimed. He should still be the son of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano, I'm not sure what was going on with his declared age in the birth/marriage record.
9 Mar 1851 Marriage
Biagio Peccerillo, 30, born in Carbonara (Teano), son of Pasquale Peccerillo & Anna Camparone
Domenica Perillo, 21, daughter of Antonio Perillo (deceased) & Sinfarosa Terranova (?, living with her husband)
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 87/5x9b3l0
21 May 1863 Marriage
Francesco Fera, 37, born in Caianello, son of Antonio Fera & Angela Cipriano
Angela Rossi, 25, born in Versano, daughter of Carmine Rossi & Lucrezia d'Andrea
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 06/Lmzn8a5
Biagio Peccerillo born 3 Feb 1821 to parents Pasquale Peccerillo, 22, and Angela Camparone, 23
According to the birth document provided by the 1863 processetti for his marriage, Francesco Fera was actually born in 1835 and was not 37 at the time as claimed. He should still be the son of Antonio Fera & Angela Ceprano, I'm not sure what was going on with his declared age in the birth/marriage record.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Okay last update from me. I added a bunch more from processetti, it will be easiest to just look here:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedig ... t/LDFH-QLZ
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedig ... t/LDFH-QLZ
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Carmina Piccirillo
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I was slowly going through 1888 from 1886 to look for her! I greatly appreciate your help!!

