can you help me???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: can you help me???

Post by VaDeb »

Kepi:

Here is information below about the World War I draft cards (WWWI). The information is from ancestry.com

I have tried to follow your request for help and the information provided. Guiseppe Borgo born 1873 arrived in the USA in 1904 and stayed here only a few years. He was married in Italy and his wife never came to the USA. This is a very difficult search using records availabe on the internet. He came after the 1900 census and left before the 1910 census. He was not here for the WWWI registration. Men without families, generally, left few records. They usually rented a room or lived in mine company housing, thus no property records. They usually were not listed in a local directory (similar to a phone book).

Good luck with your research.

A suggestion. The two brothers. Did they stay in the USA and have wives and families? If so, perhaps by researching them you will find your Giuseppe listed. He could be witness on a marriage record or a sponsor of a child on a church record.



History
On 6 April 1917, the United States declared war on Germany and officially entered World War I. Six weeks later, on 18 May 1917, the Selective Service Act was passed, which authorized the president to increase the military establishment of the United States. As a result, every male living within the United States between the ages of eighteen and forty-five was required to register for the draft.

The period of 1880-1920 was a high immigration period to the United States. Young men were required to register for the draft regardless of their U.S. citizenship status. Of course, not all the men who registered actually served in the armed forces, and there were some who served in the war but did not register for the draft.



Registration
The World War I draft consisted of three separate registrations.

First Registration. The registration on 5 June 1917, was for men aged twenty-one to thirty-oneâ€â€
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

ok Debbie thanks,
is it more difficult to find something about my g grand father?
i believe that in Usa all the strangers were registred in others documents when they lived in the american states further the ellis island document...
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: can you help me???

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Kepi:

In the early 1900's there was no mandatory registation of aliens in the USA. The requirement was to monitor the entry of aliens - thus the passenger records from Ellis Island and other ports. After the alien was admitted to the USA they were free to travel and work.

Prior to 1906 there was no centralized record of naturalizations either. They could be done in a county, state or federal court.

All naturalizations (including 1st papers or declaration of intent) after 1906 were filed with INS (Immigration, Naturalization Service).

In the 1940's all aliens in the USA were required to register with the government because of World War II.

YOur ancestor arrived in 1904/1906 and was here for a couple of years. This makes finding him very difficult because, as I stated above he would not be included in most record groups.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: can you help me???

Post by jcsm400 »

Results for City: claridge

City State County
Claridge PA Westmoreland
Claridge TN Hamilton
ClaridgeCourt DE NewCastle




Results for City: clarion

City State County
Clarion MI Charlevoix
Clarion PA Clarion
Clarion OH Vinton
Clarion IL Bureau
Clarion IA Wright
ClarionJunction PA Clarion


Hi kepi,

As you can see, there is no Clarion or Claridge in Colorado, but PA has both.

You may want to do your own story for him by reading about the "life of a colorado gold miner." Do a search & you'll get some very interesting stories.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

thaks jcsm400
I wait for your research...
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

:(

I am here again,
Now I founded important informations about my great grandfather BORGO GIUSEPPE 's brothers , that lived in Silverton and they worked in Sunnyside mine . I know that his brothers Giovanni e Giacomo lived together in Silverton, but I get at finding and knowing if Giuseppe lived with them .
Together them lived BARNEY BORGO, but who was he?? because Barney was not a italian name but Borgo is family surname!!!
perhaps Barney was the nickname???
If someone can hel p me again
thaks kepi









jcsm400 wrote:Results for City: claridge

City State County
Claridge PA Westmoreland
Claridge TN Hamilton
ClaridgeCourt DE NewCastle




Results for City: clarion

City State County
Clarion MI Charlevoix
Clarion PA Clarion
Clarion OH Vinton
Clarion IL Bureau
Clarion IA Wright
ClarionJunction PA Clarion


Hi kepi,

As you can see, there is no Clarion or Claridge in Colorado, but PA has both.

You may want to do your own story for him by reading about the "life of a colorado gold miner." Do a search & you'll get some very interesting stories.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

Kepi: Barney Borgo could be Bernardo Borgo; are some Bernardo Borgo living in 1912 in Clarion PA... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

Bernardo Borgo from Arsiero, miner profession..

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0170%2ETIF
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

1920 census:
View Record Barney Bargo city, San Juan, Colorado abt 1889 Italy
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

dear Suanj,
Barney lived in Silverton in 1910 about...in the 1920 census is he ?
thanks very much


suanj wrote:1920 census:
View Record Barney Bargo city, San Juan, Colorado abt 1889 Italy
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

Heres the link to view the 1920 census...

1920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Barney Bargo
Name: Barney Bargo
Age: 31 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Iowa Mine and Mill Arasta Basin, San Juan, Colorado
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Lodger
Year of immigration: 1912
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 520

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5100 ... om29cx.jpg

Hope it helps...
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

Hi nuccia so many thanks! Kepi: could be he, because this is the ONLY Barney Borgo that i found in Colorado...suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

Well lets hope its the person kepi is looking for!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by mfjp »

suanj wrote:Hi nuccia so many thanks! Kepi: could be he, because this is the ONLY Barney Borgo that i found in Colorado...suanj
Plus the year of immigration is right on!
-----------------------------------------------

A year later.... a nephew visits a Giuseppe Borgo in PA -Claridg -West Moreland PA

Luigi Borga

First Name: Luigi
Last Name: Borga
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Arsieso, Italy
Date of Arrival: Oct 11, 1913
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: La Savoie
Port of Departure: Le Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0021

Grandmother (next of kin) in Italy is Angela Dal ???etto


Page 1


Page 2

Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by mfjp »

Just wondering...

What was the name of Giuseppe's wife and children?

Maria
Post Reply