Translation help please - Italian birth cert
-
samantha235
- Rookie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2020, 14:28
Translation help please - Italian birth cert
Marco Zuffranieri born in Arpino, 27th January 1856.
I can see his father is Giovanni (son of Gennaro?) and his mother is Restituta Rea (daughter of Dominico ?).
I'm a bit stuck with his Giovanni's profession and there appear to be other place names other than Arpino but I can't quite make them out. Would be grateful if anyone could cast their eyes over it please.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 59/wklyBAB
Page 17
I can see his father is Giovanni (son of Gennaro?) and his mother is Restituta Rea (daughter of Dominico ?).
I'm a bit stuck with his Giovanni's profession and there appear to be other place names other than Arpino but I can't quite make them out. Would be grateful if anyone could cast their eyes over it please.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 59/wklyBAB
Page 17
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
I'd say his profession was contadino (peasant farmer). The rest you have looks correct. I'll let someone else tackle place names.
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
A 5 marzo 1881 n.°17 Marco Zuffranieri sposò in Arpino Rea Maria. Caserta 9 nov. 89.samantha235 wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 16:38 Marco Zuffranieri born in Arpino, 25th January 1856.
I can see his father is Giovanni (son of late Gennaro) and his mother is Restituta Rea (daughter of late Domenico).
I'm a bit stuck with his Giovanni's profession and there appear to be other place names other than Arpino but I can't quite make them out. Would be grateful if anyone could cast their eyes over it please.
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 59/wklyBAB
Page 17
ATTO DI NASCITA
Numero di ordine 28
L'anno mille ottocento cinquantasei il dì ventisette di Gennaro alle ore sedici avanti di noi Carlo Sangermano Sindaco, ed ufiziale dello stato civile di Arpino provincia di Terra di Lavoro, è comparso Giovanni Zuffranieri figlio del fu Gennaro di anni quarantasei di professione contadino domiciliato ivi [= in Arpino] quale ci à presentato un maschio secondo che abbiam ocularmente riconosciuto, ed à dichiarato che lo stesso è nato da Restituta Rea fu Domenico di anni trentasei domiciliata ivi [= in Arpino] e da -- di anni -- di professione -- domiciliato -- nel giorno venticinque [25] del suddetto mese alle ore sei nella casa del Dichiarante.
Lo stesso inoltre à dichiarato di dare al bambino nome di Marco
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
samantha235
- Rookie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2020, 14:28
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
Thank you Mmogno!! Seeing in in typed Italian is fantastic!
Thank you too Darkerhorse, a new word to add to my learning!
Thank you too Darkerhorse, a new word to add to my learning!
-
samantha235
- Rookie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2020, 14:28
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
I have another I'm a bit stuck on if anyone can cast an eye over please.
Matilde Quadrini, 15th June 1857 in Arpino, Daughter of Giovanni Quadrini (can't make out the word after his name), age 31, Profession?
I'm particularly stuck on the mother's information. I can see something about the Parish of San Michele and her father was Gregorio?
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 8/57Aoqxq/
Matilde Quadrini, 15th June 1857 in Arpino, Daughter of Giovanni Quadrini (can't make out the word after his name), age 31, Profession?
I'm particularly stuck on the mother's information. I can see something about the Parish of San Michele and her father was Gregorio?
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 8/57Aoqxq/
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
I read the words following his name as the name of his father "fu" (meaning defunct or deceased) or defunct) Carlo?
His occupation appears to be fabricatore or maker of something.
http://www.lodico.org/mike/html/occupations.html#F
His occupation appears to be fabricatore or maker of something.
http://www.lodico.org/mike/html/occupations.html#F
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
I think St. Michele is where the baby was baptized.
I don't see a reference to Gregorio.
I don't see a reference to Gregorio.
-
samantha235
- Rookie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2020, 14:28
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
Hi darkerhorse, thank you. Your right, I see the fu Carlo now and I think your right about the occupation - thanks for the list, it's much more comprehensive that the one I already had.
I can't make out the mother's details at all though.
I can't make out the mother's details at all though.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
After her name I believe it says she the legitimate wife of the declarant (her husband).
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
There's this list too, in case you're fortunate enough to have Sicilian ancestors.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
I see someone else translated "fu" as "late" which is good. If i recall correctly "fu" means was, past tense of is in Latin. A polite way of saying deceased. Sum esse, fui, futurus...
Some records mix in Latin words, especially older ones.
Some records mix in Latin words, especially older ones.
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
There is an inconsistency in the document. In the left column, in the birth certificate, the child, born on June 15, 1827 in the district of the bridge in Arpino, is a boy, Giacobbe, son of Giovanni Quadrini (son of late Carlo), 31 years old, fabbricatore and Loreta Zompetta, 27 years old, legitimate wife of Giovanni. In the right column, the baptism of Matilde (female name) Quadrini is recorded, administered by the parish priest of San Michele on June 16, 1827.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
samantha235
- Rookie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 May 2020, 14:28
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
Thank you mmogno. How very confusing. I'll have a look and see if there is any record of Giacobbe.
I've looked again and I cannot make out where Loreta Zompetta's name is? I think I need glasses lol
I've looked again and I cannot make out where Loreta Zompetta's name is? I think I need glasses lol
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Translation help please - Italian birth cert
Her name is at the top following the phrase "stesso e' nato da".